Would you support abortion purely as a means of population control or crime reduction? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:45:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you support abortion purely as a means of population control or crime reduction? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you support abortion purely as a means of population control or crime reduction?
Yes, as a means of population control only.
Yes, as a means of crime and welfare reduction only.
Yes, both.
No, neither.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Would you support abortion purely as a means of population control or crime reduction?  (Read 524 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: September 29, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

It's a bit of a disingenuous question.

Abortion should not be a matter of state polity concerning population/crime/welfare any more than banning abortion or severely restricting it should be to 'boost the birthrate' , 'provide native labour' or be a mark of national morality or character as some states have done in the not so recent past.

I support abortion purely as the personal or family orientated choice of the person who is pregnant. I have no concern for any prevailing zeitgeist.

I largely agree with this as a matter of end policy, but my moral sentiments definitely lie with abortions being objectively unfortunate things that society should CERTAINLY not promote.  In other words, I support each individual woman being able to make that tough decision herself (with some exceptions ... getting an abortion 24 hours before you're due is hardly different than killing the baby once he or she is born, IMO), but I am deeply disturbed by people who are so adamantly pro-choice that they have come to see abortion as anything less than sad, even when necessary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies