Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:11:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 114442 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« on: January 25, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »

Had to reset my phone today because of com.android.systemui crashing whenever I would hold the home button it was a pain to do.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:32:15 PM »

Got my financial aid refund, it was quite a lot, I really needed it.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »

Applied for an auto loan amount of $5,000 - waiting to hear back today to see if my bank approved or denied me.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:20 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 06:22:08 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Was driving home from work and heard this ad on the radio that went something like "THE PRESIDENT HAS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK" then the next thing you hear is "CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAH, CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW ABOUT DAH, CASH ME CASH ME CASH ME OUTSIDE HOW BOUT DAH"

Why is this girl famous?

referring to this girl Cash me outside howbow dah
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 02:42:42 AM »

Well, It's 2:30 in the morning and a pipe in the master bath just burst and water is EVERYWHERE. got most of it out, but we think it burst in the wall.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »

I was late to work today because the Anti-Circumcision protest movement "Bloodstained Men" held a demonstration ON THE BUSIEST ROAD IN THE CITY where my work and blocked the whole road.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »

I was late to work today because the Anti-Circumcision protest movement "Bloodstained Men" held a demonstration ON THE BUSIEST ROAD IN THE CITY where my work and blocked the whole road.

If you're gonna do that, make it a worthy cause... Are those protesters liberals or conservatives generally? No idea.

I have no idea, this is their website http://www.bloodstainedmen.com/
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 09:20:46 PM »

My boss told me there is a good chance he might be closing his doors of his business and told all of us today to probably start looking for another job soon. He said the last two months he's been in the negative when it comes to profits.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »

My boss told me there is a good chance he might be closing his doors of his business and told all of us today to probably start looking for another job soon. He said the last two months he's been in the negative when it comes to profits.
TBH the place sounds like a dump from what you've related to us. You'll be back to work with a Trump job soon. If you give him a second term we'll both even receive forty acres and a mule.

lol

If I am making more than $10 an hour I'd put up with it all, I swear sometimes it feels like my boss has Bipolar disorder or something one day he'll be the nicest person ever, the next he is FLIPPING out for no reason, not to mention the customers have to have EVERYTHING 100% perfect or they flip out, and the bikers (it's bike week here) and Spring Breakers make it ten times worse, especially when you get super and busy and get a reservation of 200 people (our restaurant can seat 400 people) so I am hosting, serving at the same time...so much fun.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »

So somebody came into my work today grab one of our beer bottles that stands on the host stand started laughing and ran out the door while my co-host try to chase him down and then smashed the bottle against one of the neighboring businesses and apparently this is the second time it happened this week with the same guy
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 03:31:46 PM »

Oh God that is awful. How's the hearing doing?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »

Just waiting on a few items to be shipped to me so I can be prepared for Star Wars Celebration next week.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2017, 02:10:03 AM »

Just got asked to be the best man at my friends wedding, he also asked me to roast him at their wedding dinner...This should be fun.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 09:34:30 PM »

Now a year at my job, and I am being promoted to assistant manager with a pay increase of 45% to $13.05 an hour.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 08:35:16 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, working at a restaurant during Ramadan really tests you sometimes, this year it is now May 27th to potentially June 24th this year. Summer Ramadans suck.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »

Ramadan starts tomorrow, working at a restaurant during Ramadan really tests you sometimes, this year it is now May 27th to potentially June 24th this year. Summer Ramadans suck.

Ouch (Working in the restaurant bit).... being in Florida probably makes it harder than in Northern States because this time of year, daylight lasts way too long down there. I was only living in Texas, but I'm sure South Florida is even worse, since it is closer to the equator.

Why "Potentially" June 24th this year?

I mean don't the calendar conversion programs allow you to know exactly when it ends where you are living based upon the time of sunset, even you are not associated with a local community center?

It's the other way around. In June the days are longer as you go further north. Above the Arctic Circle the sun never sets. I was in Moscow for a couple weeks in June and there was barely 3 hours of nighttime.

My uncle in Alberta has to fast until 10:25 now, I only fast to ~8:17 and start at 5:12 am. Also because our calendar is lunar the number of days in a month can change, last year Ramadan was 30 days, this year it's most likely 29 days since the previous two months have been 30 days each.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 07:16:56 PM »

Ouch (Working in the restaurant bit).... being in Florida probably makes it harder than in Northern States because this time of year, daylight lasts way too long down there. I was only living in Texas, but I'm sure South Florida is even worse, since it is closer to the equator.

Why "Potentially" June 24th this year?

I mean don't the calendar conversion programs allow you to know exactly when it ends where you are living based upon the time of sunset, even you are not associated with a local community center?

It's the other way around. In June the days are longer as you go further north. Above the Arctic Circle the sun never sets. I was in Moscow for a couple weeks in June and there was barely 3 hours of nighttime.

My uncle in Alberta has to fast until 10:25 now, I only fast to ~8:17 and start at 5:12 am. Also because our calendar is lunar the number of days in a month can change, last year Ramadan was 30 days, this year it's most likely 29 days since the previous two months have been 30 days each.

When do you find out?

the 29th of Ramadan, so June 24th, if we see the moon, it's Eid and Ramadan is over, if not, we fast another day and Eid is the 26th.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »

Dyed my hair raven black, it's now so black there's blue in it, also, we're now almost done with Ramadan day 5, break fast at 8:18 tonight, it's going by so quick.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »

Having a fb argument with someone who claimed to be a friend of mine telling me I must choose between my religion and the U.S constitution and that "Trump will see to my deportation"....I just LOL'ed.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »

My computer has become barely functional. As I don't own a TV, this is troublesome, given its disruption of my occasional indulgence in entertainment (as well as the reduction in my EV calculator use).

In any case, before I attempted to watch television, I spent the day downtown and in midtown, including my inaugural ride on the Q-Line and my first visit to the biggest used bookstore in Michigan. Grabbed a book on pre-1861 Russia and one on the Soviet Union.

As an IT guy, I'm curious, what's it doing exactly?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »

Fasting has been hard on me today, and it's day 10. I forgot to eat Suhour (essentially breakfast) as a woke up too late and woke up during fasting time (I woke up at 5:47 am) so it made work hell today.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 09:30:18 PM »

Got a 4-top today that is on vacation from London, I ended up talking to them about politics, 3 were Labour supporters and one was Lib Dem, all 4 sent in postals for Labour. They're all from Croydon North's constituency and told me the expect a Tory majority much greater than 2015's result and they all don't like Corbyn, they think he is too left wing but can't stand the Liberal Democrats or Tories.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »

Amish people came into my work yesterday, I was stunned, we don't have Amish people in this part of Florida, turns out they were on vacation from Ohio on their way to Sarasota.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 12:02:24 AM »

I have decided I am going to run for the Florida House of Representatives!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »

I have decided I am going to run for the Florida House of Representatives!

Really? In the future, or you mean next year?

Yes.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies