GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:24:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 144107 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: October 11, 2022, 04:45:26 PM »

ah yes, Free Beacon. Totally not a hit piece from a rightwing outlet!

The article has solid receipts and on the record quotes; what are your specific problems with the article?

Any source that is not from one of the mainstream media outlets is regarded with great skepticism on this forum.
Thats…how it always should be? “Mainstream” sources are mainstream for a reason, (but Fox and MSNBC still should be held with a bit of awareness of bias)

This is like bringing in a sick note you drew in crayon and signed “Mom” to your second grade teacher and then throwing a fit over double standards when the teacher is skeptical.

Im not disputing this story itself, but using crap sources will always merit skepticism and further scrutiny.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1226 on: October 11, 2022, 04:50:18 PM »

The article has solid receipts and on the record quotes; what are your specific problems with the article?

Any source that is not from one of the mainstream media outlets is regarded with great skepticism on this forum.
Thats…how it always should be? “Mainstream” sources are mainstream for a reason, (but Fox and MSNBC still should be held with a bit of awareness of bias)

This is like bringing in a sick note you drew in crayon and signed “Mom” to your second grade teacher and then throwing a fit over double standards when the teacher is skeptical.

Im not disputing this story itself, but using crap sources will always merit skepticism and further scrutiny.

Mainstream sources are that for a reason, but they are not infallible and have made many reporting errors in the past.

It's almost like people value credibility.

Sure, but there seems to be a double standard on this forum with regards to stories that might be damaging to one party or the other.

There really isn't. If a reputable source about this came out with, I would take it seriously.

But also - it's clearly Rs on this forum trying to find negative stories on Warnock to whataboutism the Walker scandal. The intent is clear.

I've made my views about the Walker scandal clear, and I don't believe Warnock is a saint either, although I have endorsed his reelection bid. But there seems to be a consistent pattern of dismissing any negative stories about Democrats as a "right-wing hitjob", "whataboutism", "#bothsidesism", or some variation or combination of the above themes. The consensus on this forum seems to be that one political party is inherently good and praiseworthy, and the other is a coven of traitorous, anti-American scum. Unfortunately, you'll find this same consensus, but with the parties reversed, elsewhere on the Internet.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1227 on: October 11, 2022, 04:53:36 PM »

Mainstream sources are that for a reason, but they are not infallible and have made many reporting errors in the past.

Sure, but there seems to be a double standard on this forum with regards to stories that might be damaging to one party or the other.

There really isn't. If a reputable source about this came out with, I would take it seriously.

But also - it's clearly Rs on this forum trying to find negative stories on Warnock to whataboutism the Walker scandal. The intent is clear.

I've made my views about the Walker scandal clear, and I don't believe Warnock is a saint either, although I have endorsed his reelection bid. But there seems to be a consistent pattern of dismissing any negative stories about Democrats as a "right-wing hitjob", "whataboutism", "#bothsidesism", or some variation or combination of the above themes. The consensus on this forum seems to be that one political party is inherently good and praiseworthy, and the other is a coven of traitorous, anti-American scum. Unfortunately, you'll find this same consensus, but with the parties reversed, elsewhere on the Internet.
I mean yeah partisan Dems are gonna be a bit more favorable to their side and Rs will to theirs, thats life. But the overall request for reliable sources isn’t a bad thing.

And no there is not a consensus the GOP is a coven of traitorous anti-American scum. Plenty of posters still are in denial on that one Wink
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1228 on: October 11, 2022, 04:54:47 PM »

I mean yeah partisan Dems are gonna be a bit more favorable to their side and Rs will to theirs, thats life. But the overall request for reliable sources isn’t a bad thing.

And no there is not a consensus the GOP is a coven of traitorous anti-American scum. Plenty of posters still are in denial on that one Wink

The problem though is that you rarely, if ever, see this call if the story in question is about a Republican. But when it concerns a Democrat, the refrain almost inevitably is trotted out.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1229 on: October 11, 2022, 05:01:57 PM »

The problem though is that you rarely, if ever, see this call if the story in question is about a Republican. But when it concerns a Democrat, the refrain almost inevitably is trotted out.

Maybe Republicans just have a lot more scandals. Wink
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1230 on: October 11, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »

I mean yeah Atlas skews Dem, no surprises there. After all, most posters here do a decent amount of research on the issues and what’s actually going on in Washington, so the skew makes perfect sense.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1231 on: October 11, 2022, 06:02:13 PM »

There is even more

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1232 on: October 12, 2022, 01:50:20 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1233 on: October 12, 2022, 01:54:11 PM »

Which is about what you would expect in this environment.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1234 on: October 12, 2022, 04:37:50 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1235 on: October 12, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »

I seem to remember Republicans thinking this was a firing offense for U.S. Senators. What nickname will Trump give Walker?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1236 on: October 12, 2022, 04:42:07 PM »

It's quite interesting I see no political pundits or people on TV discussing Walker's cognitive abilities and if he's fit to serve?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1237 on: October 12, 2022, 04:49:08 PM »

Wow, he really pulled an Elizabeth Warren.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1238 on: October 12, 2022, 04:57:46 PM »

It's quite interesting I see no political pundits or people on TV discussing Walker's cognitive abilities and if he's fit to serve?

Walker’s scandals have been all over national news.
new_patomic

« Reply #1239 on: October 12, 2022, 05:21:11 PM »

Wow, he really pulled an Elizabeth Warren.

Claims native heritage.

Loves abortion.

Promises to persist in the face of opposition.

Yup Walker is a Warren Dem.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1240 on: October 12, 2022, 05:43:26 PM »

That's not what I asked.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1241 on: October 12, 2022, 06:19:49 PM »

That's not what I asked.

Well because they have other things to focus on. RNC research used the Fetterman gun incident but that didn't work, so now they have instructed their media allies to go after his health, whereas Walker provides plenty of material.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1242 on: October 12, 2022, 07:22:30 PM »

Small swings that could all just be statistical noise.  We'll start seeing more Walker-friendly polls next week, I bet.

Walker was already a scandal-plagued candidate (as was Warnock, FWIW.)  The number of voters that could be swayed by new allegations was always going to be pretty small.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1243 on: October 12, 2022, 08:16:57 PM »

Small swings that could all just be statistical noise.  We'll start seeing more Walker-friendly polls next week, I bet.

Walker was already a scandal-plagued candidate (as was Warnock, FWIW.)  The number of voters that could be swayed by new allegations was always going to be pretty small.
Yep, the visible shift consistent throughout different polls is just statistical noise, not (perhaps) the GOP losing ground here.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1244 on: October 14, 2022, 07:50:38 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1245 on: October 14, 2022, 08:27:02 AM »

A reminder that the (probably only) Warnock-Walker debate is tonight at 7pm EDT.  Preview here: https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/the-jolt-what-to-watch-in-tonights-walker-warnock-debate/U4ZHMAVEEFHGXHWNZ6UWON32GA/
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1246 on: October 14, 2022, 08:56:56 AM »

This is going to be an absolute train wreck and I couldn’t be more excited.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1247 on: October 14, 2022, 10:19:56 AM »

Walker was already a scandal-plagued candidate (as was Warnock, FWIW.)

Huh
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1248 on: October 14, 2022, 10:27:05 AM »

Walker was a strong candidate from the onset, but these recent revelations damaged him pretty badly. He could still definitely win though. Sports star to Politics has been pretty successful for a lot of people, mainly coaches though, Osborne and Tuberville are 2 big examples. Steve Largent, Heath Shuler, Burgess Owens, Colin Allred, and Anthony Gonzalez all too. Though I think the best comparison for Walker would be Tom Osborne since he was a super popular football coach in Nebraska.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1249 on: October 14, 2022, 10:32:45 AM »

Walker was a strong candidate from the onset, but these recent revelations damaged him pretty badly. He could still definitely win though. Sports star to Politics has been pretty successful for a lot of people, mainly coaches though, Osborne and Tuberville are 2 big examples. Steve Largent, Heath Shuler, Burgess Owens, Colin Allred, and Anthony Gonzalez all too. Though I think the best comparison for Walker would be Tom Osborne since he was a super popular football coach in Nebraska.

?? No he wasn't. He was always a super risky candidate from the start.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies