Do you want to be President of the United States? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you want to be President of the United States? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 78

Author Topic: Do you want to be President of the United States?  (Read 2525 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« on: January 19, 2022, 03:32:38 PM »

Sure why not. Vote Big Abraham in 2036 yall.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 11:06:09 AM »

I mean, kinda moot point for me, but no lol. Being a political leader is way too much stress.

Well, if I was president I'd alleviate some of that stress for me by not caring about reelection; I'd do whatever I want without any concern about midterms or reelections or any of that. I'd just do whatever good I can in whatever time I have.

Figuring out how to do good effectively and avoid messing up is the most stressful part of all! (At least if you care about that to begin with)

True.

Anyway, one of the things I'd do is use the nuclear codes to bomb Pyongyang for several hours straight.

...ok well with that attitude maybe stress isn't a concern for you

I'm serious. I was reading Wikipedia pages about North Korea and its dictatorship about a week ago and I began to realize just how terrible life in North Korea must be. There are human rights abuses and life is literally a living hell - if you think our leaders are even remotely authoritarian, research North Korea and you'll realize it could be much, much, much worse (I'm not telling you specifically, I'm using it as a general term to anyone reading this post). So...yeah. And aside from that there are safety issues, since North Korea is working on nuclear weapons and successfully conducted a test a while ago. Who knows what they might do. So it's probably best to preempt them and just eliminate them and liberate millions of oppressed North Koreans (basically, like the argument George W Bush made to invade Iraq in the early 2000s, except this one is based on what is publicly known to be true and isn't covered in lies and distortions).

This guy really read about all of the human rights abuses in North Korea and thought "how can I be worse than that?"

No...the goal is to liberate North Korea, and to keep the number of civilian deaths low. Sad if you think that's even comparable to what Kim is doing right now.

And let me ask you a very genuine and frank question, if I might (it's fine if you don't want to answer): If given a choice between spending the rest of your life, with virtually zero chance at escape, in an extremely authoritarian dictatorship that pervades and dictates every aspect of everyday life, and a quick, painless death - which would you choose?

Life is an inalienable right, full stop. If you want to keep the number of "civilian deaths" low, presumably that would preclude violating international law and committing war crimes by, you know, bombing civilians.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies