Edwards signs LGBT non-discrimination exec. order, against Jindal's preferences (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Edwards signs LGBT non-discrimination exec. order, against Jindal's preferences (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Edwards signs LGBT non-discrimination exec. order, against Jindal's preferences  (Read 1452 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: April 14, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »

It would actually be a good thing if Trump won just so we could get JBE 2020. This nation needs this man!

Also, Wulfric "no longer for marriage equality" ROFL. Why would the bigot ever take that position?!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 12:39:25 PM »

I see marriage equality as settled law. I don't like it, but there's no point in fighting it anymore. I don't think clerks should be forced to hand out ssm licenses against their religious beliefs though, and that is worth legislating.

Government is supposed to be independent of specific religions. If they don't want to hand out SSM marriage licenses, they should stop complaining and get another job.
If one clerk doesn't want to issue SSM licenses, just let another clerk sign them.

Yes. And what happens in places with only 2-3 and all refuse to sign?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies