US House Redistricting: Alabama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:34:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Alabama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Alabama  (Read 17056 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2011, 10:46:31 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Check out my disgusting Democratic gerrymander that I made in 30 minutes:

District 1: This is the ultimate packing of less-Democratic whites into one district. Notice that I tried to connect Madison/Limestone whites to the rest of the ultra-White hinterlands. This happened for a reason. 86% White/8% Black/6% Other

District 2: My first Democratic district. Black belt + African-American areas of Birmingham + University of Alabama = Democratic stronghold. I'm confident this district voted for Obama by over 60% which means virtually any Democrat could be elected here. No need for blue dog to hold this down. 43% White/53% Black/4% Other

District 3: This is my Blue Dog-mander and my attempt to create a somewhat swingy district to add to the two heavily Black Democratic districts. It connects Black areas of Huntsville, Decatur to the traditional hinterlands of DeKalb and Cherokee. The idea was to remove the exurban ultra-GOP strongholds from the area that would be AL-5. This district might be winnable by a Blue Dog in a wave election. A Bobby Bright toolbag wouldn't be necessary, the old version of Parker Griffith that is slightly better would suffice. 74% White/18% Black/7% Other

District 4: Another attempt to pack whites. This district is even worse than my AL-1 because it has Birmingham's whitey suburbs. At least my AL-1 has some white trash that would vote for a guy like Ron Sparks. This district would vote for a Satanic Republic over Jesus. 85% White/9% Black/5% Other

District 5: This is Alabama's equivalent for Stanford Bishop's seat. Democrats should run a somewhat populist liberal like Ron Sparks here in order to lock this district down. However a white Democrat winning a primary here would be very, very difficult. A generic Black candidate would probably win 9 times out of 10 but I'd be nervous about this one. 48% White/48% Black/4% Other

District 6: Unlike AL-3 this district could never vote for a Democrat, even though there are a decent chunk of African-Americans here thanks to Mobile. This district actually doesn't look gross (!) 68% White/27% Black/5% Other

District 7: Contains a few clumps of Blacks, but other than that is a hellish district. 74% White/21% Black/5% Other

The idea roster for Alabama would be with this map: 3 Democrats and 4 Republicans. Not bad. I probably could work to make this much better but whatevski.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies