Battle of the Partisan Hacks 2012 (Nomination Round) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:03:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Battle of the Partisan Hacks 2012 (Nomination Round) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Battle of the Partisan Hacks 2012 (Nomination Round)  (Read 2994 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: September 03, 2012, 04:45:38 AM »
« edited: September 05, 2012, 04:57:56 AM by Tik »

Way back in the heady days of 2008 I ran a series of polls to see who the biggest hacks for the Republicans and Democrats were. Seeing as how this is an election year, I thought we could have another go. Posters have come and gone, times have changed, another cliche, and tensions and hackery run amok.

Here's how it goes: This round you are allowed to nominate two people, one for the Left and one for the Right (actual party affiliation is always helpful, of course, but not required). There will then be a short series of polls until we narrow down one for each side. They will be crowned the "winners." You may nominate yourself, and you are asked to not repeat a nomination another has made. Supplying evidence would also be fun, but not required. You have one week from now (Sep. 10) to nominate. Let's get physical.

So far:
DEMOCRATS / leftie loosies
Mondale84
pbrower2a
Link
Bandit
mondale84
Clinton1996
Seatown
Mikado
TNF
thrillr1111

REPUBLICANS / rightie tighties
MorninginAmerica
krazen
Politico
Winfield
J.J.
NHI
timothyinmd
Koenkai
Torie
Vosem
BigSkyBob
millhouse24
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:54 PM »

I accept my nomination. And I decline to nominate anyone because this entire thing is a bad idea.

It's just a bit of fun as long as no one takes it too seriously, so please try not to fight, everyone. It spoils it. I'm really looking forward to the polls, especially for the right. The left hasn't been as hackishly entertaining this cycle.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:57:00 AM »

It's just a bit of fun as long as no one takes it too seriously, so please try not to fight, everyone. It spoils it. I'm really looking forward to the polls, especially for the right. The left hasn't been as hackishly entertaining this cycle.

In a perfect world, that would be so. After all, I'm not taking it seriously. But uh, I think that may be an overly optimistic projection, especially if you look several posts above...

Also, I would disagree with you on that last point. Tongue

Well, there certainly seem to me to be a larger quantity of righties this go, but the opposition are usually more adamant and enthused. Indeed, the nominations so far agree with me. There are more from the right. That's nothing unusual given the circumstances.

Anyway, like last time, I imagine I gave way too large a window for these nominations to continue. So I'll probably close the thread in the next few days. If you have anyone else you'd like to add, do so soon.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies