CNN national poll: Huckabee 22% Palin 21% Romney 21% Gingrich 13% J. Bush 6% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:23:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  CNN national poll: Huckabee 22% Palin 21% Romney 21% Gingrich 13% J. Bush 6% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN national poll: Huckabee 22% Palin 21% Romney 21% Gingrich 13% J. Bush 6%  (Read 6842 times)
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »

I must say, I'm suprised how well Mitt did among Republicans. He's tied with far-right candidate and only trails by 1 to Huckabee. Once you throw Moderates in there, who will vote heavily for Mitt over the other 2, it should all come to equal a nomination for Romney.

I actually hope it is Romney, atleast then it's kind've a win-win in the general no matter who wins. I'd be disappointed if Obama lost, but atleast there'd be one of the only remaining competent Republicans in the White House. Huckabee, Palin or Gingrich would be just 4 years of utter disaster.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »

The strength and diversity of this field bears a close resemblance to Democrats circa 1984 or 1972...

Although it's very possible that neither of those 5 will be the nominee (alot can happen in 2 and a half years), I can imagine alot of moderates just looking at those above candidates and just thinking "...eugh". There's nothing endearing about those candidates, maybe Palin, but imagine her in a general. The only one of the above 5 who I could winning a general election is probably Romney, but I couldn't see him winning a Republican primary.

*This post shall be laughed at in 2012.*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies