Ben Shapiro burns Barbies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:26:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ben Shapiro burns Barbies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ben Shapiro burns Barbies  (Read 3818 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: July 24, 2023, 11:42:40 AM »

The majority of the Star War's fan base hates The Last Jedi regardless of their political affiliation.

Source?

Look at the audience score: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_last_jedi

Look at how much hate it gets on Star Wars related forums and even redditt(which is a very liberal site politically) .

Just look at how much worse Star Wars related media has done since the Last Jedi came out as well then it was doing from 15-17.

It's been well-documented that the Last Jedi was one of the most notorious victims of review-bombing (along with Captain Marvel) and the reason why RT changed the way it calculates audience scores.

The rest of your argument is pure idiocy. No self-respecting person takes seriously what a bunch of edgelord teenagers say in reddit and 4chan. 

“Review-bombing” reflects how people actually feel about the film. Why did nobody “review-bomb” The Dark Knight? Could it be because they liked it?

If you believe that all of the people review-bombing actually watched the film, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »

There's no reason to assume that the vast majority of them didn't. Having seen The Last Jedi, the only thing I find surprising about the audience score is that it isn't 0%. And the fact that RT "recalibrated" its audience scores in order to be lenient towards megacorporate products like these is hardly something to celebrate.

"The Last Jedi was a bad movie" and "The Last Jedi was review-bombed by terminally online misogynistic weirdos" are not mutually exclusive from each other.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 01:12:39 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2023, 06:26:42 PM by Virginiá »

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist.

I don't know, these lunatics aren't rational.

Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.

I'm not defending Disney or The Last Jedi, I'm defending my beliefs. I don't even think that most people who disliked The Last Jedi were sexist. I'm just saying it's dumb and objectively false to deny that the movie was review-bombed by misogynists.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 04:36:50 PM »

Why would "misogynistic weirdos" attack The Last Jedi's audience score but not The Force Awakens? Both films had the same (female) protagonist.

I don't know, these lunatics aren't rational.

Stop doing Disney's marketing work for them. You're defending low-effort fanfic drivel being produced on an assembly line by a company that uses important social causes as easy fallback excuses when their products fail. Even if 5% of the negative reviews actually came from misogynists (a generous assumption), that doesn't explain why freaks like you and Lyndon feel the need to defend these abominations like they're your family members.

I'm not defending Disney or The Last Jedi, I'm defending my beliefs. I don't even think that most people who disliked The Last Jedi were sexist. I'm just saying it's dumb and objectively false to deny that the movie was review-bombed by misogynists.

You're making no sense at all. The Last Jedi currently has a 42% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That is after RT scrubbed "suspicious" reviews from its system, banned bots, and recalibrated the way the score is calculated in favor of Disney's garbage films. What reason do we have to assume that that 42% is not reflective of how Star Wars fans felt about the movie? Because you saw one neckbeard on YouTube who complained about "wokeness" in Star Wars? Please.

I never said that the 42% figure wasn't reflective of how Star Wars fans felt about the movie.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 07:17:03 PM »

What's annoying me about all of this crap among the elder Millennial men is that they're acting like they're the only generation who's ever had to come to terms with being old and out of touch. Every generation goes through this. You don't think people born in 1928 were disturbed by the popularity of the Rolling Stones or the Who? It's just these 40 year old men with ED that are failing to cope with it right now, and it's pathetic and transparent. You'd think that Shapiro (and his audience of pathetic men) would see how embarrassing it is that they're spending an hour of their lives ranting about how offended they are that the f-cking Barbie movie wasn't made to appeal to them.

There's a certain type of guy who thinks that any movie that doesn't have 18-49 year old men as its target audience is doomed to fail. It's very bizarre.

Barbie is an internationally famous children's toy, and this movie has a star-studded cast, and the marketing has been very strong. There was no scenario where this movie did poorly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies