The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The National Atlasian: Keeping You Informed  (Read 26642 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2004, 10:02:43 AM »

Governors Race Endorsements

Midwest
Dabeav (L-MN)

Southeast
Ernest (I-SC)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2004, 02:06:09 PM »

Fritz Resigns
Akno Becomes Interim Chairman

AFDNC chairman Fritz resigned yesterday after first saying that he would be unable to moderate a debate for the District 5 Senate race. The reason was that “since becoming employed, I have not been able to devote as much time to the forums as I have in the past” he also stated that the party was better served by what he described as “a more active Chairman.” Fritz did not say anything about his job as Secretary of Forum Affairs and according to sources he will not be stepping down from the SoFA post.

After Fritz’s surprise resignation Vice-Chairman and Owner of MANN, Akno21, will take over as Party Chairman and it appears that he will probably have the best chance of becoming the next Party Chairman when the AFDNC elects a chairman at their national convention. Mr. Akno is a Former Senator and former Vice Presidential candidate from Maryland.

He will have big shoes to fill though. Fritz brought back the AFDNC from near extinction to become one of the largest parties in Atlasia. As Senator Defarge comments upon Fritz’s resignation, “Fritz leaves an unmatchable legacy.  Through sheer force of will, he resurrected the Democratic Party.  It is sad to see our great party chairman leave.” Mr. Akno has said that his first duty will be to campaign in Midterm elections and to make sure that the Democrats keep their majority in the Senate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2004, 05:20:40 PM »

“TAK SOULTY” SIGNS NOW AVAILABLE

For immediate release:

MEMPHIS, TN  -  “Tak Soulty” signs are now available for forum members who wish to show their solidarity with supporters of Victor Yuschenko in the Ukraine as well as Senate candidate Supersoulty as they strive for free and fair elections in their respective nations.  “Tak Yuschenko” is the common slogan of “Our Ukraine”, the pro-western reformist political party of Yuschenko.  This effort was the idea of former Senator King, a UAC affiliate member from California, and was produced by Htmldon, a Constitutional Union Party member from Tennessee and former Governor.  These signs can be obtained free of charge from http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=13327.0
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2004, 02:37:51 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2004, 08:20:57 PM by ColinW »

In Defense of a Plant
Thoughts on the Legalization Debate
By badnarikin04

People like to tell you that marijuana is evil. People like to tell you it funds terrorism. People like to tell you that there are many innocent victims of marijuana. People like to tell you that marijuana makes you a criminal. It’s just a few of the many things people like to tell you to keep you away from the bad things in life, right?

That may be how these things enter your ears, but in my concerned Atlasian mind, it’s one of the many things people like to tell me to simply scare me away from what’s unknown to them. These people look at marijuana and see moral decay, children without parents, and terrorist training. To me, this is utter blasphemy and government brainwashing at work right in front of my eyes. I see something different when I look at marijuana.

When I look at marijuana, I see a plant. A specimen that lives in the ground and grows. It’s green, it has leaves, and it’s part of that dark, treacherous void I like to call nature. Scandalous, isn’t it? A quick aside to those aforementioned propagandists, I really, honestly, tried to look at it your way, but the sight of a benign cannabis plant fails to make me tremble in fear.

Ok, I’ll admit, it does get you high and makes you slightly loopy. It does make it unsafe to drive while under its influence. But that’s not the top problem currently related to marijuana. The big problem facing us is the fact that so many people are taking up loads of space in our jails simply for smoking this plant as well as buying or selling it. Jail is meant for those who go out of their ways to infringe on the rights of others to live their lives at their will; not those whose intent is to go out, buy some weed, and go straight back home to smoke it.

And what if we eliminated the need for dangerous cartels and dealers to operate and allowed companies and corporations to manufacture and sell weed? I don’t see anything bad there. If I do see anything here, it’s an ENORMOUS ECONOMIC BOOM. Not only will current marijuana users finally contribute to our economy, but those who wanted to use weed and simply could not find it will now have that capability. There’s endless potential for a gargantuan marijuana market involving loads of jobs.

If I’m not mistaken, I just gave 2 huge reasons to legalize marijuana. Lower crime rate and a huge economic boost. I’m not saying that marijuana has beneficial effects on an individual. It’s a bad drug, and I support age restrictions for the sale of it and reinforcement of DUI laws. We should also make it known to everyone that marijuana is harmful so that they are fully aware of the consequences of the action. The sales of marijuana should be similar to that of tobacco, for example.

Let’s face it, the prohibition of marijuana is as much of a miserable failure as the prohibition of alcohol was many years ago. It’s time to end it and choose the less harmful choice: legalization.

We have an opportunity to bring this to the Atlasian people by getting behind the Marijuana Legalization Act brought to the Senate thanks to Senators IrishDemocrat and Bono. It’s the least we can do to make amends with some plant we’ve been antagonizing for years.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2004, 06:53:49 PM »

IrishDem Confesses to Voter Fraud
Withdraws from Senate Race; Atlasia Rocked By Biggest Scandal Since Harrygate

Over the weekend Senator IrishDem confessed to voter fraud. He confessed to fraudulently re-registering as GirlGoneWild to gain a Democratic voter for his sinking campaign.

This came after days of accusations from AFRNC officials that the Democrats were registering newbies on the forum so that they could have enough pocket votes to win the upcoming Midterm Senatorial election against former Vice President Chris Soult. Senator IrishDem’s confession came after what the AFDNC said was a questioning of IrishDem.

Acting AFDNC Chairman and IrishDem campaign manager, Akno, said that he was one of the many people who forced IrishDem into confessing. According to sources inside the AFDNC the whole series of events began on Tuesday of last week when, in a conversation with the Senator, Democrat Alcon San Croix was told by the Senator that he was GirlGoneWild and he had create that fraudulent registration so as to create more Democratic votes for his sagging campaign.

Mr. San Croix than passed this information on to AFDNC Interim Chairman Akno21 who waited to contact the Senator before going public. During this conversation he found at that what Mr. San Croix’s allegations were true and convinced the Senator to confess to Voter Fraud.

Since his confession people from all sides of the political spectrum have denounced the actions of IrishDem. While early reports of a wider scandal have been to a large part debunked there is still the spectre of the largest scandal in recent Atlasian history before us. IrishDem’s name will forever be marred, for good reason, because of his actions.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2004, 06:55:35 PM »

The Centre Cannot Hold
UAC Is Officially Dead; Top UAC Officials Become Independents, Members of Union Party

It is safe to say that the United Atlas Centrists Party is officially dead. The party of Gustaf, JFK, Supersoulty, KEmp, King and Nation is dead. Today marked the passing of UAC luminaries into Independent status. Several, King, Andrew and others, have joined the Constitutional Union Party which has grown from a membership of two people to now being the largest Centrist party in Atlasia.

The efforts of Hughento and Gustaf to try and create a United Centrist Front went nowhere and the UAC collapsed in upon itself. Chief Justice KEmp said earlier today, “The UAC is collapsing,” as he officially became an Independent. Senator John F. Kennedy said that, “I am sick of party politics on these boards, each month seems to be more like a fifty year period in British politics in terms of the power of the parties.” It seems as though the Senators words were more in frustration of the demise of the UAC, and the rise of the Union Party, more than anything else.

Don’s Constitutional Union Party of Atlasia has come out on top from the demise of the UAC. While many former UACers are now Independents a great many have joined the new Constitutional Union Party.

No one, including this reporter, thought that the “Union” Party would be more than a flash in the pan but they have slowly grown from a party that could at best be a southern offshoot of the UAC, much like the Southern Republican/States Rights Party, to becoming the heir apparent to the UAC and have a candidate in the lead in a major Senate race.

While the UAC is not totally gone, the D5/Western UAC structure is still very much alive, it has ceased to be any more than a party in decline. Atlasia can expect to hear the very last of the UAC very soon but may the party’s history remain for it is a major party of Atlasia. A salute to the UAC and all its hard working politicos.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2004, 07:19:23 PM »

New Poll Numbers Out
Surprises in Quite a Few Races

New National Atlasian Poll numbers came out today that showed some interesting developments in the week before the Midterms.

In District 1, The Bulldog seems to have slightly more support than IrishDem did but his numbers still remain in the low thirties as the poll currently has Supersoulty winning with 66.7% of the vote to The Bulldog’s 33.3%. The numbers still look good for the former Vice President as the count down to voting begins.

In District 2, Libertarian candidate Badnarikin04 has really pulled up on Senator Siege. Currently the Senator has 55.6% to Mr. Badnarikin04’s 44.4% but the race appears to be close to a tie when counting RedeafeatBush’s vote which was not included in the poll.

In District 3, Al is barely leading over incumbent write-in candidate Texasgurl who had dropped out of the race two days before the poll was taken. A very strong write-in campaign though seems to be in affect in one of the tightest races in the country.

In District 4, Hermit has a  slightly lead over Senator Harry while Libertarian John Dibble takes third place. The current results are 45.5% Hermit, 36.4% Harry, 9.1% John Dibble and 9.1% Undecided. If John Dibble voters preference Hermit above Harry though the margin of victory of the former Sec States grows to a much more comfortable margin.

The latest out of District 5 still show Gabu with lead over Senator Steven Nick although these number do not take into account the many inactive pocket UAC/GOP pocket voters in the West to probably re-elect the Senator.

In the District 1 Special Election is much closer with former VP Andrew taking 53.3% to True Democrat 46.7%. It seems the True Democrat has been able to brush away any lingering ill effects of the IrishDem scandal to make this Special Election very close and give the Democrats a fighting chance at IrishDem’s vacant seat.

In the governors races, one out West and one in the Midwest, one is a tie and one has only one candidate. In the West/Pacific, Governor Wildcard seems certain to slide into another victory with 80% of the vote.

The Midwestern race though is a total free for all. It is currently a tie between Dabeav and Ilikeverin. To try to blacken the record of his opponent Governor Ilikeverin has begun running a smear campaign against Dabeav in hopes of winning over voters. The undecideds are going to determine this race as it is current 44.4%-44.4% with 11.1% of voters undecided.

There are plenty of close races in this Midterm and many interesting Special and Gubernatorial Elections. Most of the races are tossups as we head into the final days before the voting booths open.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2004, 09:02:31 PM »

Interview With A Founder
The National Atlasian Interviews Don About the Rise of His Party and the Decline of the UAC

ColinWixted: Don, can you give us any thoughts on the rapid growth of the Constitutional Union Party and the demise of the UAC?

htmldon: Well, I'm excited about the rapid growth but I never wished any ill-will on my former party.  I am grateful to the people who have joined the Union Party and who share our common mission and values.  We now have some of the absolute best leaders in all of Atlasia on our team now and I would like to express my gratitude for their leadership.

ColinWixted: What do you see for the future of your party? Are their any other races that you are likely to go into, like future Senatorial, Presidential and Gubernatorial races, and are you going to try to reach out to other UACers who are now independents?

htmldon: All of that is up to our membership really and what their own ambitions are.  I think we've got a good platform going to make a real difference for the citizens of Atlasia.  We will endorse where necessary, and run candidates wherever we can.  Vote for Hermit!  :-)
There are a couple of former UACers who I was hoping would join our cause and I believe they will in the course of time.  We will reach out to anyone who shares our vision and values.

ColinWixted: Do you consider your party the heir apparent to the United Atlas Centrist Party and what do you think spurred this sudden growth of the Constitutional Union Party?

htmldon: Hmm.. well I wouldn't say "heir" to the UAC.  We are a party that is founded on some fundamental ideological principles.  I think it would be very difficult for someone to challenge our membership by saying we lack principle, as was unfortunately done to the early UAC.  We have democratic structures - and unlike the UAC and more so than any other party, we have regional structures that will eventually allow the regional Union Parties to act more autonomously.
htmldon: Growth attracts growth.  Hopefully the attraction will continue :-)

ColinWixted: What do you have to say to those people who doubted your party and thought that you created the Constitutional Union Party to spite the UAC?

htmldon: I think our success in attracting new members speaks for itself.  We're here to elect centrists and people who share our views.  These aren't entirely different from what the UAC was, so I don't see too much of a conflict there.

ColinWixted: And finally do you and the Constitutional Union Party back re-election of South-eastern Governor Ernest?

htmldon: (continuing from the other question) I could have easily been the only Union Party member.  As you know and have pointed out, I'm not the world's best recruiter.  I just laid something on the table, and some other folks came along.  I'm very proud of that.
htmldon: This would be up to the South-eastern Regional Association of the Union Party and he certainly has my vote.

ColinWixted: Thank you Don for your wonderful interview. Best of luck with Atlasia's newest Major Party
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 05:40:42 PM »

Remember to turn to the National Atlasian for all the best election coverage. We will be here with the best in Atlasian news coverage from the opening of the polls on Friday to the closing of the polls late Sunday night. Remember to turn to Atlasia's best and highest rated Election Coverage, the National Atlasian Excellence in Journalism.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2004, 10:53:12 AM »

New Poll Numbers
Data we just couldn't keep to ourselves!

DISTRICT 1 (full)
SuperSoulty (63%)
Bulldog (37%)

DISTRICT 1 (special)
Andrew (60%)
True Democrat (40%)

DISTRICT 2
Siege40 (50%)
Badnarikin04 (50%)

DISTRICT 3
Al (69%)
Texasgurl (31%)

DISTRICT 4
Hermit (50%)
Harry (34%)
Dibble (8%)
Undecided (8%)

DISTRICT 5
Gabu (50%)
StevenNick (34%)
PBrunsel (8%)
Undecided (8%)

MIDWEST GOVERNOR
Dabeav (50%)
Ilikeverin (40%)
Undecided (10%)
What the heck? Somebody voted for PB for Senate? He must have been crazy. Have to hate some of those pointless write-ins.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2004, 03:26:52 PM »

District 4 Preferential Endorsement

District 4 Preferences
1. WMS
2. Hermit
3. Harry

While we here at the National Atlasian support former Sec State Hermit in his bid for the Senate we consider that his absence from Atlasia as of late is very troubling. It is my opinion that District 4 should have an active Senator and while we consider Hermit to be a great candidate and we are hoping for his victory come the 12th we consider WMS to be an excellent first preference.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2004, 01:57:17 PM »

For real-time election coverage go to:
http://king.motivostudios.com/results/

The National Atlasian's Midterm Election Site for all the latest election results and news.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2004, 03:35:31 PM »

Results as of 3:33 PM EST

District 1 Full
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 7
The Bulldog (D-NY)- 4

District 1 Special
True Democrat (D-PA)- 4
Andrew Berger (UP-NY)- 7
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 1

District 2
Siege40 (UL-ME)- 6
Badnarikin04 (L-NH)- 3

District 3
Texasgurl (RF-WI)- 1
Al (I-WV)- 7

District 4
Harry (D-MS)- 1
Hermit (UP-TX)- 2
WMS (AF-PA)- 2    Write-in
John Dibble (L-GA)- 1 Write

District 5
StevenNick (R-WA)- 3
Gabu (D-WA)- 4
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2004, 05:56:46 PM »

Results as of 5:57 PM EST

District 1 Full
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 8
The Bulldog (D-NY)- 5

District 1 Special
True Democrat (D-PA)- 6
Andrew Berger (UP-NY)- 8
Supersoulty (AF-PA)- 1

District 2
Siege40 (UL-ME)- 8
Badnarikin04 (L-NH)- 3

District 3
Texasgurl (RF-WI)- 1
Al (I-WV)- 12

District 4
Harry (D-MS)- 1
Hermit (UP-TX)- 2
WMS (AF-PA)- 3    Write-in
John Dibble (L-GA)- 1 Write-in

District 5
StevenNick (R-WA)- 4
Gabu (D-WA)- 4
King (UP-CA)- 1   Write-in

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2004, 08:45:05 PM »

Senator Harry,
Your views do not reflect those of the National Atlasian Editorial Staff. While we consider you a great Atlasian and a venerable public servant we consider WMS and the late Former Sec State Hermit to have positions closer to those that are advanced by the Editorial staff. Thank you though for your service in the Senate.
Colin Wixted
Editor-in-Chief
National Atlasian
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2004, 09:18:59 PM »

Damn right it's not over.

Not over now, and won't be afterwards.
Viva La Revolucion! Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2004, 10:52:32 AM »

Breaking News: PROJECTION IN THE MIDWEST
With 7 out of the 11 registered Midwest voters casting their ballots, the National Atlasian is ready to project Dabeav the next Governor of the Midwest Region. Although many political analysts gave this race to Verin long before the polling stations opened, it seems that Dabeav is the choice for the Midwest. Verin could pull an upset, but it is unlikely as it requires the votes of Clay, PBrunsel, WMS, and John with only Clay likely to choose Verin over Dabeav.

Hehe, silly National Atlasian Smiley

LOL. I think this'll be the second retraction.
Damn King. What did I say. DON'T MAKE PROJECTIONS TOO EARLY.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2004, 10:04:42 AM »

Official Election Results

Official Election Results

District 1:
SuperSoulty- 12
TheBulldog- 9
SuperSoulty wins.

District 1 special:
True Democrat- 13
Andrew- 11
SuperSoulty- 1
True Democrat wins.

District 2:
Siege40- 10
Badnarikin04- 4
TheBulldog- 1
Siege40 wins.

District 3:
Al- 16
Texasgurl- 3
Al wins.

District 4 (round 1):
Harry- 6
WMS- 3
Hermit- 2
John Dibble- 2
StatesRights- 1

District 4 (round 2):
Harry- 6
WMS- 4
Hermit- 2
John Dibble- 2

(It is not relevant whether Hermit or John Dibble is eliminated first, as neither candidate can acquire enough second preference votes from the other to avoid being the next eliminated.  For simplicity’s sake, they are both eliminated.)

District 4 (round 3):
WMS- 7
Harry- 6
WMS wins.

District 5 (round 1):
Gabu- 8
StevenNick- 6
King- 3
StevenGabu- 1

District 5 (round 2):
Gabu- 8
StevenNick- 7
King- 3

District 5 (round 3):
Gabu- 8
StevenNick- 8
Gabu wins (most first preference votes).
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2004, 10:19:31 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2004, 10:32:42 AM by ColinW »

Results In; Incumbents Fair Badly in Midterms
Results in District 4 Disputed by AFDNC Politicos

The results are in and they show that the electorate has chosen an odd mix to be in this next Senate.

In District One former Vice President Chris Supersoulty has won in the Senate race over almost inactive Democratic candidate the Bulldog thanks to a surge of Centrists and Rightist voters and a selfless act by Democratic Senator Defarge who edited his vote for Supersoulty so that he would win. We here at the National Atlasian would like to extend special thanks to the Senator for showing the ability to break with his party and to see who the better man was in that race.

The District One Special Election was an upset as Democrats turned out in high numbers to vote for another near inactive Democrat, True Democrat, over former Vice President and Governor of the Northeast Andrew. True Democrat was helped by a surge of near inactive Democratic voters who turned the tide of the race in his favour. Mr. True Democrat nor Mr. Bulldog have issued statements at this time and their has also been no word as of yet by the AFDNC.

Siege won big in District Two over Libertarian Candidate Badnarikin04. Mr. Badnarikin04, who had run in an earlier Special Election against Senator Siege, did not gain any votes in this Senate run even though he was endorsed by the Libertarians, Republicans, some Centrists and even a Democrat. This shows the solid hold the left has on District Two and how popular Senator Siege is even though he has only produced one piece of legislation.

In District Three the write-in campaign for Senator Texasgurl failed horribly and General Secretary of the AFL-CIO, Al Realpolitik, ran away with the election in one of the biggest landslides in Atlasian history. With this clear mandate Al announced his victory on Saturday and announced the creation of a new party, the Farmer Labour Party, that gained the support of such people as Ilikeverin and, possibly, Senator Siege.

The District Four race is the one that is causing headaches here in Atlasia this Monday. The question is whether or not should Democratic ‘Hawk’s vote count. The AFDNC appears to be ready to challenge the results in the Supreme Court while Supersoulty and the Freedom Party have said that they will defend WMS with everything they have. This is expected to be a drawn out battle and we may not know the results of this race until after Christmas.

In District 5 Gabu has barely gotten in to the Senate with a tie 7-7 vote that was decided by first preferences. In hindsight King’s candidacy was a major reason that StevenNick lost this election since if King was not in the running the Senator would have received an additional three votes and the same amount or more first preference votes than Mr. Gabu.

All in all the day was a mixed on for both parties and a stressful election for mostly everyone. With more battles to come it appears that Fritz will have more things to deal with in the coming days.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2004, 10:31:21 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2004, 10:33:07 AM by ColinW »

Chief Justice Shot
Chief Justice KEmperor Said to be in Critical Condition

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting. The Chief Justice is currently in critical condition at Nyman Central Hospital. Doctors say that he was shot in the spleen and that it was a single shot that hit him.

Earlier today Attorney General Peter Bell said that he had activated the Continuity of Operations protocol, which dispatches Federal Agents to supplement the protective details of all Elected Officials. Currently the President, VP, Cabinet members, Senators, Senators-elect, Supreme Court Justices and Regional Governors are being given this extra protection.

As for the assassins the Attorney General has stated that a full FBI investigation has commenced and they are following all leads currently available to them. The Attorney General has asked for everyone to remain calm and to continue their normal routines.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2004, 10:50:49 AM »

The Midgard News Wire reported that at 11:32 PM last night Chief Justice KEmperor was shot from a passing car in Nyman, DC. Currently the police are trying to obtain a license plate number from an Amateur Video which taped the shooting.
QQQQQ. Smiley
what?
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2004, 10:38:13 AM »

A few inaccuracies in your reporting.

Defarge's invalidation of his vote did not affect the result of the D1 race.

There have been quite a few statements by both the Bulldog and True Democrat...I don't know where you got that one from. True Democrat has been sworn in and is actively participating in both voting and debate in the Senate.

Your suggestion that True Democrat was inactive in his race is a subjective opinion, but most folks of all political persuasions have agreed that he did run an active race, certainly much more so than Bulldog.

In addition, no one from the AFDNC is taking the D4 result to court; Democratic Hawk may challenge it himself, but no one else is bringing forth a case.
Nym if you check the time at which this news article was reported you would see that it was before True Democrat or The Bulldog had given Victory or Concession Speeches and it was about an hour, I think, before True Democrat before True Democrat took his oath. I really don't like to be attacked. I never have said that I was not a subjective author, these are mostly my opinions mixed with news. If you don't like my opinions read MANN. I give my readers news and opinions, sometimes in the same article. You can attack my journalistic integrity but I would like to see if Akno has any more than myself. While the AFDNC has not yet brought a case before the court I must say that Democratic 'Hawk' is part of the AFDNC just as I am a part of the AFRNC.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2004, 07:26:58 PM »

Thanks to Colin for his excellent midterms elections article which gave great information to me as an ordinary uninformed voter.
Thank you Huck for your kind comments. Its nice to know that I am keeping the Atlasian people informed about the issues.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2004, 11:45:37 AM »

Endorsements in Southeastern Governors Race

We here at the National Atlasian are endorsing Ernest for Southeastern Governor. While dubya2004 reflects more of the views of this newspaper Governor Ernest has been the most active governors in Atlasia and has led the charge in the defense of Regional Rights. We wish him the best in this election.

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2004, 01:02:43 PM »

Chief Justice Recovering Well
Rumours That NixonNow Was Assassin False Say Authorities

Chief Justice KEmp is recovering well after being shot late on the 11th. According to sources the Chief Justice is recovering well and has released a statement saying, “I can’t wait to try this son of a bitch.” He has been conversing with friends and has been upgraded from Critical to Good condition today. The authorities have said that rumours of the arrest of NixonNow are absolutely false and that he is not a suspect in the assassination attempt. Authorities are still puzzled by the identity of the assassins. Their has not been any word from the Nyman police but sources inside the DCPD have told us that the perpetrators car had a Maryland license plate but they, as of yet, have no other information. The National Atlasian continues to wish the Chief Justice and his family the best. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies