How would you vote on the Keystone XL Pipeline? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:26:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you vote on the Keystone XL Pipeline? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See above.
Aye (D)

Aye (R)

Aye (I/O)

Nay (D)

Nay (R)

Nay (I/O)

Abstain (D)

Abstain (R)

Abstain (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 103

Author Topic: How would you vote on the Keystone XL Pipeline?  (Read 5119 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: November 17, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »

Aye (Environmental Impact is far over-hyped)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »

Why do people seem to think that Keystone XL is a government project? It isn't; they just need the government to sign off on it.

Anyway, IMO this issue highly overrated by both sides. The oil is going to be extracted and consumed regardless, and if it isn't transported by pipeline it will transported via rail, which is more dangerous and produces greater carbon emissions.

On the other hand, it's true this that would create few permanent jobs (though it's interesting to see this argument come from people who champion public works spending as a means of increasing employment). Other pipelines are already being built to transport crude from Alberta, and Keystone XL may not even be viable anymore due to the plummeting price of oil. Another thing which sadly rarely gets discussed is the fact landowners basically had their property seized via eminent domain and given to TransCanada to build this thing. That combined with the facts that it's looking increasingly useless and was never going to be an economic boon to begin with push me towards opposing it.

Basically the correct post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies