I see a country by Reaganfan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:46:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I see a country by Reaganfan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I see a country by Reaganfan  (Read 9478 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 19, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
« edited: February 19, 2012, 03:24:49 PM by Torie »

The lives of literally billions of people (e.g. India and China) have been dramatically bettered in the past generation or two. The list of nation joining the market economy in reasonably prosperous shape during that period is long. The implicit over-broad generalization that the US is almost transcendentally uniquely benign, implying among other things that say the bulk of the governments in Western Europe have not improved the lot of their citizens, or in fact have made them worse, is odd, since its standard of living is comparable to the US, despite the over-arching and apparently universally true alleged deadening hand of "big government."

So the assumptions on which the essay was premised, but not argued or defended (perhaps in part due to being deflected by the rather profligate indulgence in some rather shop worn and tired cliches), are, to be polite, open to debate.

So says this particular RINO in his opinion. Cheers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies