***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:41:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11638 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:49:46 AM »

x Snowstalker
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:38:41 PM »

My fellow Laborites,

As a friend and supporter of Mr. King, I am saddened by his withdrawal from the campaign. It is time to fill that slot, and I have returned from my political hiatus because I feel I am equipped to lead this party to another four months of control of the presidency, and another four months of government by the Atlasian people, for the Atlasian people. Thus, I am announcing that I shall seek this great party's nomination for President of Atlasia. I hope I have your support.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »

Oh and Snowstalker, I want you to know that I remember you voting against me for the Labor Party endorsement for Northeast Governor after I voted for you in every one of your miserable campaigns for anything. Just sayin.

Yes, that was a dick move of me. And yes, my presidential campaign last year was...miserable.

But aside my, ahem, occasional forum trolling, I think I've matured as a poster and hopefully as a candidate. I want to continue the service I've given to Atlasia in the past. I know the odds are against me even if I do win the Labor nod, but I want to run a campaign for an Atlasia by The People the people, for The People the people.

As for the VP pick, that is as of yet undecided (well it is kind of decided, but said pick is undecided on whether to join the ticket).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »

I am strongly considering a return to the Labor Party because simply put, you should have a formidable, serious contender in this race.

I knew from the outset that this campaign would be an uphill battle, with this as my steepest obstacle. Yes, I'm viewed by many most as a hyperbolic kid. But I have a past in Atlasia, serving as Representative, Governor, and both regional and at-large Senator. I've sponsored or cosponsored several pieces of legislation (including a fairly important labor rights bill), and was of course the nominee in October 2012. I don't have the best reputation in Atlasia, and I fully accept that, but to say I'm not a serious candidate is a tad of a stretch.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 05:48:52 PM »

Honestly, I expected to do a lot worse against Napoleon that year (I was shocked to get second).

I welcome the competition from my friend/running mate for three days Comrade Kitteh. But I hope the party delegates will remember which candidate not only didn't just join the party today,but was a founding member (and gave us the name Labor Party). Wink
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »

That was my other main reservation on running, and I admit that to be a genuine fault in my campaign. But if it makes any difference, I've been doing my research and hope to hobble together a platform with some assistance. At the same time, perhaps there's a good side in an outsider campaign. Perhaps this is like 1968, and I'm Nixon and DemPGH is Rockefeller. Tongue

If the party nominates DemPGH and Sirnick (or Drj and Huh) over me, I'll accept that. But I hope, again, that I am worthy of your consideration.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 02:09:49 PM »

I hate to keep self-advertising, but remember which of the possible Labor candidates was actually a party member before yesterday. Wink

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »

[1] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[2] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

[3] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[4] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »

Owing to the results thusfar, I hereby ask any supporters of mine (and all Labor voters who have not voted) to cast their ballots for Drj101.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »

I also forgot to include a Mideast Senate endorsement vote -

[1] Talleyrand
[2] Mr. X
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 02:08:53 PM »

Should North Carolina Yankee (FED-NC) receive the Labor Party endorsement?

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay
[  ] Abstain

Automatic Endorsements:

Mideast Senate:

[X] Talleyrand (LAB-KY)

Midwest Senate:

[X] TNF (LAB-MT/WO)

Northeast Senate:

[X] Bore (LAB-RI)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: