What's with the belief that the anti-Soviet Mujahideen became the Taliban? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:37:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  What's with the belief that the anti-Soviet Mujahideen became the Taliban? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's with the belief that the anti-Soviet Mujahideen became the Taliban?  (Read 4629 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:34 AM »

I think the larger point - that the Soviet-installed government was better than anything since - is still valid, regardless of which group of warlords is 'Taliban' and which group is 'Mujahedeen'.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:16 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2013, 04:35:02 AM by ModerateCoward »

I think the larger point - that the Soviet-installed government was better than anything since - is still valid, regardless of which group of warlords is 'Taliban' and which group is 'Mujahedeen'.

You are far too intelligent to believe that drivel which opebo does not actually believe himself, right?
Well, there isn't a group of rulers that performed particularly well in the Middle East. But certainly the Soviet ones were the best among a bad bunch. I guess the only exception is Ataturk, but that was before Soviets could install government in the region. But I suspect the point of this post is to defend the King of Saudi Arabia or some other monarch as an example of properly installed government. Either way, the people you admire(British upper-classes) are responsible for making it difficult to have a proper government in the region.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies