Crapo arrested on DUI (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:06:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Crapo arrested on DUI (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crapo arrested on DUI  (Read 9003 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: December 25, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »

Alcohol has one of the worst rebound effects of any drug, so the criminalization of drunk driving provides an inherent impetus for those who live in suburbia and don't want to spend the next day in a do-nothing hangover state to DD, limit one's consumption to a couple of beers, drive everyone home safely, and be productive the next day.

Driving under the influence of marijuana should be a more nuanced law. I would implement the bullsh**t .08 equivalent WA has in major cities as well as suburban municipalities during morning and evening rush hour (say 7-9 AM and 4-6 PM). This protects both the driver and others - it's not a pleasant feeling to be driving excessively high in environments with a lot of traffic and pedestrians, but there's really no discernible difference between driving high or sober on empty suburban or rural streets.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:06:46 AM »

It's unbelievable in a first world country with a constitution people are routinely imprisoned with nothing more than a 0.08% breathalyzer result and the half @$$ed testimony of a cop.  I mean if 0.08% was used for something like a modest fine I could understand.  But a felony conviction?!

The vast majority of developed countries have stricter drunk driving laws (BAC-wise) than the United States.  IIRC, .08 is only the USA, Canada, Liechtenstein, and New Zealand.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies