Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 7755 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: September 03, 2015, 09:41:10 AM »

what about random selection? perhaps restricted to people who have made more than x posts in the atlasia boards over the last week, if necessary?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:04:30 AM »

i know random selection isn't a perfect solution, i was proposing it more as a "least-bad" option
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:07:19 PM »

so something like this, for example?

15 delegates allocated by party:
  • 4 top federalists by post count
  • 4 top laborites -"-
  • 1 top tpp -"-
  • 1 top civic renewal -"-
  • 3 top members of other parties (includes dr, anus, and nnp)
  • 2 independents
5 delegates allocated by post count, excluding people who have already been chosen
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »

Post counts benefit people that haven't been here for a long time like Leinad, myself and others, it doesn't benefit Clarence or others who have come back. It only benefits long time posters like yourself, Yankee, Cris, Kal and others. I urge the Senate not to take up post counts. As they are ridiculously unfair.

we're talking about posts over the last week (or some other time interval, who knows)

read the thread before commenting pls
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 01:27:27 PM »

Post counts benefit people that haven't been here for a long time like Leinad, myself and others, it doesn't benefit Clarence or others who have come back. It only benefits long time posters like yourself, Yankee, Cris, Kal and others. I urge the Senate not to take up post counts. As they are ridiculously unfair.

we're talking about posts over the last week (or some other time interval, who knows)

read the thread before commenting pls
I have read the thread multiple times, but still this idea still just doesn't make any sense why would give people positions in a Constitutional Convention by how many posts they made.

it's a measure of activity...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »

this senate should not be picking nearly half the delegates. terrible amendment.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »

this senate should not be picking nearly half the delegates. terrible amendment.
Nobody even likes your idea about random selection and the majority of active posters like this idea and if you didn't like this Admendment maybe you should tried harder to get elected.

go back to your neonazi rally or whatever kthx
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 08:57:16 AM »

I'd like to remember that citizens can propose amendments and asking a Senator to sponsor it for them.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:14:31 AM »

as in an election, yes. maybe that could have been clearer.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »

"public poll" in this context is another word for election. sorry for the confusion, go ahead and change it if you want.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »

I object to Evergreen's amendment. It is important, in constituting the Convention, to ensure that every national interest - not just the Regions - is represented. The current bill allows for delegates from the Regions, the electorate at-large (the 5 party delegates), and the national government: this balances  the competing concerns of these constituencies against each other, ensuring that the resulting Constitution will be fair for everyone.

are you implying that the senate and regions are competing against the interests of the people...?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies