Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Determining regulations of Constitutional Convention. (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 7756 times)
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« on: September 03, 2015, 12:42:55 AM »

My most general idea would be to have delegates selected from all the means possible (by party, by region, by vote, etc.).
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »

this senate should not be picking nearly half the delegates. terrible amendment.

There are strong regulations on who can the Senate pick; that should be mentioned.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:21:20 PM »

I agree with Simfan. Elections would take a long time, and would somewhat of a mess. I do think that it's best to delegate the choosing of regional delegates to their respective governments, which have the benefits of being filled with newer players, and are less skewed from a partisan perspective than the Senate.

On the timescale of a convention, I doubt that the time needed to hold an election will be that big of a deal. At the same time, I do like the idea of giving the regional governments power in selecting delegates. Decisions, decisions. Wink

Yeah, I don't think we should hurry when we're still getting it done.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:45:33 PM »

I understand Evergreen's position, but we're including the Senate in the selection of delegates in order to ensure representation to sectors that may not be elected, but whose input will be very important.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:16 PM »

People from the left wing will get a better chance of participating of the ConCon with this system, if we compare with full popular vote.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »

AYE!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies