GA-6 Special election discussion thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:56:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 254409 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: May 05, 2017, 01:51:16 PM »

D+1
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »

Good lord, that's bad.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

What the f--k is Handel thinking? It's fine if you want to appear conservative, but of all the Trump Admin actions to publicly support, Trumpcare and the Comey firing might be the worst.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »

Handel needs to give Trump supporters a reason to not stay home, but at the same time she's giving Republicans who hate Trump more of a reason to stay home or vote for Ossoff.

All right, but she didn't have to come out in favor of the two most controversial events in Trump's presidency so far.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 04:49:37 PM »

Miss Enormous Tentacles is not going to win. It's important to remember that Ossoff over performed polling in the first round.

It's also important to remember that this is a tossup, and anybody who claims to know a definite and airtight result has had one line too many. This is Tilt D at best, and Tilt R at the worst. That is why I think this will be a close 52-48 for Handel, BUT I am not exclusively and definately calling it for her. This is very much in play, and either side could win.

Thanks for the concern. It is duly noted.

Anything more than more than Handel over 51.0% would mean that the Democratic Party is done as a major political power in the short term and anything above 51.0% Ossoff would mean congress is done baring the unforeseen.

Glad to see we've started up the Atlas Hivemind Overreaction Machine again.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:31:08 AM »

This morning I heard an anti-AHCA radio ad from AARP.  At the end of the ad, it mentioned the GA-6 election and encouraged listeners to check out the candidates' positions on AHCA at aarp.org/gavote,  which redirects to http://action.aarp.org/site/PageNavigator/Georgia6Vote2017.html

Yeah, looks like they're all but endorsing Ossoff.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:29:02 AM »

I think Bagel wants Handel to win more than he actually thinks that she will win. Handel has been stuck at 47% in polling, while Ossoff has cracked 50% more than once. The concern trolls will say otherwise, but Ossoff is definitely in a better position than Handel.

I want Ossoff to win, I am a democrat. These polls are within the moe, and this thing is a virtual tie. Calling it for either Ossoff or Handel within a few points is sane. Any pure assurances or double digits should be taken within a pound of salt.

Mm-hmm. Okay.

Don't get too cocky, we democrats have been $&@?!slapped multiple times for it.

Karen Handel thanks you for your generous support.

Thank you for teaching us that we aren't allowed to show concern for a close race Smiley
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »

If he wins this year, Dems won't have a candidate in 2020 for Senate.  He would be at the top of the list.

What do you mean? If anything, him winning this year gives the Dems an amazing potential Senate candidate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies