The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:08:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 388039 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »

It's not that they're "unpopular" here; it's that they're factually incorrect.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »

Considering how much of a retrophile I am, and since today's Record Store Day, I can't help but ask: would any of you consider me to be a hipster?  I don't live in an urban area and my politics are (obviously) much too conservative, but what would you say?  Discuss.
Considering yourself a hipster won't make you white, Oldies. Only plastic surgery will.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »

Kalwejt already posted the original in the Deluge.

What's up with all the Republicans voting for the uber-liberal Tsongas?  Brooke may have had some bad behavior, but surely he was more conservative, right?

Lol, and you dare to claim any knowledge about U.S. political history Roll Eyes

First of all, Brooke was the liberal one in this race to such extend people like freaking Barney Frank endorsed him over Tsongas. And he wasn't just "the more liberal out of two". He was a liberal. I know a "Black Republican" somehow play to your baseless fantasies, but there are some limits of stupidity.

Second, calling Tsongas uber-liberal is a proof of an utter ignorance. Seriously, read about him and his positions.

Still wonder why there's no one taking you seriously?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 03:09:51 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 12:42:28 PM »

How stupid are the "lol white people"? 

Is it only white people that can't discuss non-white people?  Are black people not allowed to discuss white issues?  Are gays not allowed to discuss straight issues?  Are poors not allowed to discuss rich people?

I understand it's easier to say "lol white people" than it is to actually discuss the topics brought up, but maybe, just once, give it a try.

(of course you're still better than the people congratulating you on "winning the thread")
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 12:26:42 PM »

Bathrooms and showers are designed for the non sexual use of said organs, either exposing it to be washed or peeing.

This sentence is not an accurate characterization of modern day America.  afleitch, I understand what you are trying to say but things are not as simple or sterile as that.

I was lambasted earlier for stating something else that vaginas do because apparently "it doesn't take a rocket scientist" to know.  Apparently I was right and it needed to be stated... and restated. 

Changing gears.  There are some people that agreed with my proposal for seperate facilities that people could use by choice.  I found some more "bigoted morons" for people to go crazy about.

Here is a "bigot and a moron" Tranny...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here is a "bigot and a moron" Lesbian...

Here is the "bigot and a moron" who wrote the article.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/19378390-452/private-showers-for-transgender-police-recruits-a-win-for-inclusion.html

During my time outside of the Atlas echo chamber I decided to do a reality check.  I spoke with a close friend who happens to be a young lady from a liberal Western European country.  I am a Democrat who supports gay marriage and she is firmly far to the left of me.  I told her about this law in California and that Evangelical Republicans were opposing it.  It didn't take a millisecond for her to say she would not allow someone to force her 14 year old daughter to shower with an XY individual with a penis.  She then went on to elaborate and basically paraphrased what I stated regarding body development, menstruation, etc... Ya know, the stuff someone went crazy on me for.

I submit to the forum that if you are calling that individual a "bigot and a moron" you will lose.  This website's main mission I believe concerns elections.  So let me give you my election analysis.  When informing the general public in California about this issue if you frame this as Evangelical Republicans want to take away protections for transgender young people you have a chance of beating this ballot initiative.  But if you say someone who objects to their daughter being forced to shower with XY people with a penis is a "bigot and a moron" you will lose.  Just my humble opinion.  People are free to agree or disagree.  And if you happen to disagree I won't think you are a "moron" that is trying to hurt little children.  I will just think we are two people with a difference of opinion.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »

Is showing each other your dicks more of an old people thing? Anyone here who has been in high school in the last 10 years have group showers?
Mine does.

Sad that you even had to tell him.  There are over 37,000 secondary schools in the US.  Why someone would go to ONE and assume all the other 36,999+ secondary schools are the exact same is baffling.  Any rational person you pull off the street would be able to tell you it is within the realm of possibility that every single imaginable bathroom configuration exists in that sample.

I don't see how some of the debating tactics used in this thread are any better than Hannity or Limbaugh.

I said something that is factual and not even something I've ever seen debated and I'm basically called a liar or an "old person showing my dick."  After that you just know you are wasting your time.

Seriously people when you are going full ideologue over the variety of shower setups at high schools you've never been to it's time to back away from the keyboard.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »

Why is siding with striking workers any more left-wing that siding with mostly poor workers who are unable to travel in the city because of the strike?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »

Since you and a pitiful number of other people on this forum seem to think the deciding factor in whether someone deserves sympathy and is a good or bad person is how much money they have, I guess it is about money.

Grow up.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »

Is this new bout of nonsense a genuine phase you're going through or just trolling? Because if it's the latter it's really not very funny,* while if it's the former, then it's a phase that you need to snap out of before you sink too far into the sump of bigotry. If engaging in a fully fledged hate-on for a group of people Who Are Not Like You seems to Make Sense on some level, then it is better to consider why you feel this way and to probe your own biases, assumptions and prejudices (we all have them), than it is to loftily declare that Islam is barbarism or the like.

*As amusing as it can be to play the bigot, you're almost certainly the only one laughing and it's quite possible that you'll upset others while doing it. And laughing at your own jokes has always been considered rather gauche.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »

I mean, for the love of God. "Neoconservative" refers to a movement of former Democrats to the Republican ranks from the 60's through to the 80's, seeing their original party as one of doves. In regards to domestic policy, Polks pursued policies that would resemble that of a white, Southern classic liberal, while on foreign policy he was a successful expansionist. As well, "Neoconservative" tends to mean Republicans, possibly of Jewish decent, that while they maintain a hawkish foreign policy, are moderate on economic and social policy, tolerating the welfare state and abortion. Thus, Polk wouldn't even be an 1840's equivalent to a Neo-con.

This is one of the stupidest things anyone's ever posted on this forum. Congrats.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »

This whole thread.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=181980.msg3934483#msg3934483
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

By posting in this thread, both of you just negated your own statements.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 05:47:44 PM »

H/T Antonio.

Dubai is a city that used its wealth to build bigger and grander than any city before it.

Not only is this patently untrue - unless you're using a purely phallic definition of either term - but it is questionable that 'building bigger and grander' is necessarily a good thing. If that's so, then we must consider Ceaușescu to be one of the great visionary master builders of the modern age and for the Casa Poporului to be one of the crowning architectural glories of the twentieth century. I scarcely need to point out that such an argument would be ridiculous.

If you're going to come out with this sort of drivel then at the very least you need to get your facts straight. Because if you define the construction of ludicrously phallic structures to be an example of 'dreaming big', then you will find countless examples of 'dreaming big' in countless other cities across the globe. Dubai didn't even start it, even if it is home to some of the most luridly absurd examples.

Do you write for their Ministry of Propaganda or something?

This is a disgusting paragraph and you ought to be ashamed to have written it. Not only do you dismiss any possible concerns for the exploitation of labour with all the breezy intellectually corpulent arrogance of the worst sort of spoilt lily-white Western bourgeois complacent fool, but you have obviously not even bothered to even do a little bit of basic research into the situation, secure as you are in your smug hypocrisy and worship of crass phallic consumerism. Because if you had done, you would have known that the exploitation of indentured migrant labourers in the Gulf states is, how shall we say, something else. You can find enough utterly damning material on the subject in about five minutes to shock your conscious to the core several times over.

But I shall move away from condemnation (however tempting it can be), to ask a hypothetical question. Would you be happy for major construction projects in the United States to be handled in the way that they are in Dubai or the other Gulf states?

And now you sound like a Stalinist. Well done.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »

Mr. Lepage's biography. He was certainly a 'pull himself up by the bootstraps' kind of fellow rather than a 'sit on my fat ass waiting for welfare' kind of fellow. Kudos!

The oldest son of eighteen children in an impoverished, dysfunctional family, Governor LePage left home at the age of eleven to escape domestic violence and lived on the streets of Lewiston for two years, making a meager living shining shoes.

At age thirteen, two families jointly “adopted” Governor LePage. Eddy and Pauline Collins kept him busy washing dishes at the Theriault’s Cafe. Bruce and Joan Myrick kept him busy hauling boxes. Bruce was a Pepsi-Cola truck driver. Later the Governor worked at the Antoine Rubber Company and at a meat packing company.

While attending Husson, he supported himself as a short order cook and bartender, while making time to be the editor of the college newspaper.

Good to know given the choice of an 11 year old being homeless or receiving government assistance you'll root for the latter.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »

FF. A good guy who tried in impossible circumstances.

Tried to make the Union safe for slavocracy, you mean?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 01:32:46 PM »

Businesses have no incentive to go to France. Manufacturing is declining, and France is reentering recession while the rest of the world recovers. Giving the workers more power will do nothing but hurt businesses, and the French economy as a whole.

Boohoo, poor businesses. Cry

I'm sure those Goodyear workers will do just fine crafting artisanal tires once their employer finally closes the factory.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »

No.  If you want someone who sings the praises of pedophilia, go find yourself another forum that has standards as low as your own. 

We'll definitely take your 'thoughts' into consideration, Guy Who Shows Up For A Day Or Two Every 3 Months Or So.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:49 PM »

All the Democrats here hoping Pryor loses are even dumber than the Tea Party.

Then we should make sure his leading opponent is from the left, not from the right.

You tried that already. Pryor won.

It's blatantly obvious that Pryor only cares about his re-election bid and making his first priorities to Arkansas and his religion rather than doing his actual job as a registered, national Democratic politician. In case he forgot the memo, he's a UNITED States Senator, not a State Senator.

So you oppose Pryor because he, as the Senator from Arkansas, prioritizes doing what's best for his constituents?

He might as well register as a Republican to if he's going to be a homophobe

If we're going to be using OnTheIssues to decide this:
Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance.
NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.

who could careless about the Sandy Hook victims

He cares so little that he's meeting with them to hear their concerns.

- Opposes raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, yet supports raising Arkansas's to $8.25

So he opposes a raise to $10.10 but supports a smaller raise. That's not exactly a crazy position...

- Voted "NO" on comprehensive background checks
- Voted "NO" on prohibiting high-capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds
- Voted "YES" twice to ban lawsuits against gun manufacturers from gun violence
- Voted "YES" on prohibiting foreign aid that implements gun safety
- Supports Second Amendment rights and absolute right to gun ownership

Oh no Pryor supports the Second Amendment. How horrible.

- He's a Bible thumper that votes the way God wants him to before his party
- Believes separation of church and state is "secular exaggeration"
- Voted "YES" for the partial-birth abortion ban

So the man's religious. Is that a problem?

And Democrats strongly oppose free trade.

So Pryor's bad because he supports raising revenues?

- Voted "YES" on the confirmation of conservative John Roberts as Chief Justice

As did half of all other Senate Democrats.

- Voted against President Obama's proposed minimum tax plan on those making over $1 million a year

Weren't we just criticizing Pryor for supporting an Internet sales tax?

He's also seen here enjoying his raccoon dinner as if it's humane to eat such a wonderful animal. He only has 0% by the Humane Society for animal rights.

... Are you serious? Is this your criticism of Pryor: that he eats meat?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »

Textbook True Leftism doesn't get better than that.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »

Very good, krazen. I'm glad you've had a change of heart about veterans running for Congress.

Too bad you were Joe Walsh's biggest defender when he was taking underhanded swipes at Duckworth.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »

In fairness he's only... actually, how old is he? I have no idea.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 07:54:45 PM »

Crimea is for all intents and purposes Russian and the 1954 transfer to the Ukrainian SSR was a mistake, though I disapprove of how Russia pursued this annexation.

I wonder how many No voters support Kosovo's unilateral declaration of independence. It seems that self-determination only matters when you support the group which wants it.

It's really time for you to show some respect and shut up with your trolling. It was never smart nor funny, but at the point where we are now and people are beginning to die you should really take a step back.

I understand that this is remote for most of you American teenagers but I have friends from the Ukraine crying themselves to sleep with worry for their families. Whiny bitching about irrelevant analogies only serves to make you look dumber.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »

Because Lenin's ideas were so successful. It's just a coincidence every country that adopted them turned into a dictatorship and/or oligarchy.

By an objective measure the USSR's domestic policies were massively successful in terms of the progress made from living standards/industrialization in Imperial Russia.

So you think that justifies living under a dictatorship/oligarchy that imprisons and/or slaughters its own citizens for having a dissenting political opinion? Ah, the sociopathy of teenage Marxism.

By the way, improving standards of living from Tsarist Russia isn't much to write home about. There's pretty much nowhere to go but up.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies