Congressional term limits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Congressional term limits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional term limits  (Read 3183 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 02, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »

Do you support them? And if so, how many terms should be permitted? If not, why not?

I am supportive of term limits, especially the senate is way over-aged. My suggestion would be: five House terms (10 years) and two Senate terms (12 years).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:50 AM »

As I've said many times, no. We don't need a situation where a large number of Senators are lame ducks for six years.

Well, the lame duck term may apply to executives like prez or governor, but senators should be more free in their votes if they don't have to face voters again. Maybe some Republicans in congress would change their votes on parts of the Trump agenda? Or be more willing to compromise with Obama.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »

No.  Implementation of term-limits would only strengthen party leadership and lobbyists.  

I think the opposite is true. Look at the IL House, where basically one corrupt dude (Madigan) is in power forever. With term limits, he would have been out a long time ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies