Republicans Are Too Angry About Gay Marriage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:37:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans Are Too Angry About Gay Marriage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans Are Too Angry About Gay Marriage  (Read 13819 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: July 06, 2015, 09:39:47 AM »

The Supreme Court created new rights with its decision in a very real sense. Prior to their it, no one was being denied their right to marriage. Homosexuals had the right to marry just like everybody else. A gay man had the right to marry a woman and a gay woman had the right to marry a man. On the other side of things, as a straight man, I had not the right to marry another man. There was absolutely no discrimination here.

lol are people seriously still using this dumbass argument?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 06:10:21 AM »

It's not just an assault on christainity, it's an assault on democracy. Leftists have decided to hide behind the supreme court rather than fight to change things through actual elected representatives, and it's just sickening.

you don't get to vote on our human rights.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:18:30 AM »

It's not just an assault on christainity, it's an assault on democracy. Leftists have decided to hide behind the supreme court rather than fight to change things through actual elected representatives, and it's just sickening.

you don't get to vote on our human rights.

Receiving government benefits is NOT a human right. This isn't free speech we're talking about here. It is a question of government benefits to encourage a particular form of marriage.

receiving equal access to government benefits as other demographics is. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 07:13:38 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:35 AM »

Another thing about gay marriage legalization, It was not implemented by popular vote but instead was imposed by an unelected supreme court. That brings us to another issue, why have a supreme court in the first place, in my opinion the supreme court needs to be disbanded or at the very least grant the executive branch the power to appoint and remove supreme court judges at the executive's discretion.

so was interracial marriage.

♪♫you don't get to vote on other people's human rights♪♫
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 04:25:17 PM »

All of the scenarios have clear ways to victory. If Dr. King were here, he'd be on my side. Your side can't say that.

let us not wallow in the valley of despair. i say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, i still have a dream. it is a dream deeply rooted in the american dream. i have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, except the gays, because ewww." i have a dream that one day on the plains of kansas the westboro baptist church will be able to stand up together and beat gay teenagers to death. i have a dream that one day even the state of massachusetts, a state, sweltering with the heat of justice, sweltering with the heat of freedom, will be transformed into a hellhole of hatred and inequality. i have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character but by who they want to bang. i have a dream today.
—martin luther king, jr., apparently
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies