ME, SC, KY - Quinnipiac: Gideon +12, Tied, McConnell +12 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:43:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME, SC, KY - Quinnipiac: Gideon +12, Tied, McConnell +12 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME, SC, KY - Quinnipiac: Gideon +12, Tied, McConnell +12  (Read 5180 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 16, 2020, 03:03:11 PM »

Triage both --> invest in actual swing seat candidates--Ossoff and Greenfield being the most obvious.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:09 PM »

Triage both --> invest in actual swing seat candidates--Ossoff and Greenfield being the most obvious.

I've been bearish on this, but Harrison is one now. Yes, undecided voters probably lean Trump, but if he really does have 48% of likely voters on board already, that is extremely competitive - especially considering that this poll didn't prompt for the Constitution candidate who will be on the ballot and take votes disproportionately from Graham.

The race is lean R. Ossoff's is tilt R and Greenfield's looks to be a pure tossup, but this is not significantly more competitive - at least, not so much more so that SC isn't worth resources. That being said, Greenfield and Harrison are flush with cash already.

I don't buy it. Perhaps I believe too strongly in demographic fundamentals and think the number of ticket splitters is approaching zero, but Harrison actually getting more votes in SC than Graham seems utterly implausible to me. Without Harrison breaking through in urban Upstate SC, the numbers just don't work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies