Newest Ohio vote dump decreases trump's margin by 22k, gives hrc loraine C. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:35:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Newest Ohio vote dump decreases trump's margin by 22k, gives hrc loraine C. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newest Ohio vote dump decreases trump's margin by 22k, gives hrc loraine C.  (Read 2260 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 26, 2016, 01:33:37 PM »

And might I point out that liberals still don't seem to have gotten over their 2000 defeat, even almost seventeen years later.  Sad

I'm not liberal, I am right of center. I was a Republican throughout the 1990s, and I voted a straight Republican ticket in 2000.

Regarding election 2000, the thing I am not "over" is that the Supreme Court handed down the worst decision it has ever handed down. Bush v. Gore was true judicial activism, handed down by five Republican Supreme Court Justices, three of whom were appointed to the Court by Ronald Reagan, who so often claimed to be opposed to judicial activism. Because of the Bush v. Gore decision, I now believe that Republican-appointed Justices are no better than Democratic-appointed Justices. I have not supported the Republican Party any more, since I realized that I can no longer, in good conscience, try to argue with anyone that Republicans appoint better Justices than Democrats.

It does not matter that George Bush would have won that election anyway, even if the recounts had been completed. What matters is that Rehnquist, O'Connor, Scalia, Kennedy, and Thomas acted in haste and were motivated by party loyalty. What matters is that these words, near the end of the Court's opinion,
"None are more conscious of the vital limits on judicial authority than are the Members of this Court, and none stand more in admiration of the Constitution's design to leave the selection of the President to the people, through their legislatures, and to the political sphere. When contending parties invoke the process of the courts, however, it becomes our unsought responsibility to resolve the federal and constitutional issues the judicial system has been forced to confront."
... are the epitome of hypocrisy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies