Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:12:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Syrians torch Danish and Norwegian embassies  (Read 5793 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: February 04, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

Muslims in general don't really deserve respect or sensititive, in my opinion, because they don't show any of it to others.  Why should anybody respect them?  Who cares about their opinions?

I really hope you meant to say "Radical Muslims", because I really don't want to call you out for unintentional blanket statements like that. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 05:37:16 PM »

That's funny, that's the second time in two days that somebody has accidentally left out the "radical" part when they criticize Islam.  Ironically, it has the unintentional consequence of making you look like a bigoted moron, so I'm guessing it was just a typo.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 05:51:35 PM »

No, it's really, really not.  They are about the same as the Pope and Fred Phelps.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 07:37:41 PM »

No, it's really, really not.  They are about the same as the Pope and Fred Phelps.

Oh yes, I forgot. I remember now all the Muslim leaders who have condemned the actions of past terrorist cells....oh wait....that has yet to happen.

What rock have you been hiding under?  Take a look at this, just for starters.  It has references to condemnations by 22 Muslim leaders; 30 Muslim scholars; and 93 ordinary Muslim citizens.  And that's just the people that this one website has picked up on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »

Well I have yet to see any major condemnations through broadcast and newspapers.

Would you have noticed if they had?  Have you been actively looking for it, or awaiting it?  Chances are it's already happened many times.

Also, many moderate Muslims have complained that the US media is only exacerbating things by giving the extremists all the attention.  As I've been trying to say all along, it's the whacko minority that always shouts the loudest, and thus gets all the attention.  It's exactly the same in any society.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And who is the Muslim equivalent of the Pope, exactly?  Also, the Pope only represents one section of Christianity, which contains a moderate-extreme axis within it too.  It's the same with Islam, except that none of the sects have a leader on the same scale as the Pope.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hopefully the irony of your first and last sentences when put together is not lost on anybody else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies