University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:54:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R  (Read 2530 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 23, 2013, 10:51:44 PM »

Romney won Arkansas in 2012 by about the same margin Obama won Maryland. Just for perspective.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:44 AM »

Romney won Arkansas in 2012 by about the same margin Obama won Maryland. Just for perspective.

Yeah, but Arkansas is very fond of the Clintons, most voters there are registered Democrats, and President Obama is very deeply hated up there.

Still, imagine a poll showing a certain Republican leading generic D by 2 points in Maryland. When I look at it from that perspective, it's easy to see why the Republicans are in desperation mode trying to bring Hillary down.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:26:52 PM »

Arkansas will go to the GOP again, but it might be like 53-46 rather than 61-37.  Rather, I'm curious whether Clinton doing this well in Arkansas suggests good things for Missouri.

Yeah, assuming these polls showing Hillary doing well in Appalachia hold up, Missouri would probably be a lean D state.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:29:36 PM »

I don't think Hilary is winning Arkansas. Once they find out about how she is an actual liberal and not just the wife of a former president/governor. I wouldn't take this too hard, in the end, I expect republicans to win the state by a Bush 2004 margin. If another democrat gets elected, I expect the margin to be a little larger. You can argue against me, but I don't think this small lead will last.

It's not so much that people think she'll win, just that she's digging into the GOP coalition. The GOP desperately needs to GAIN support right now, they can't afford to lose any of the support they currently have,
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies