Burnsville, MN: A (former) nanny-statist nightmare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:34:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Burnsville, MN: A (former) nanny-statist nightmare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Burnsville, MN: A (former) nanny-statist nightmare  (Read 2261 times)
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« on: June 06, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »

Wow, sounds like an HOA gone mad and given police powers.

Still, I’ll take it over that town in NH that got taken over by libertarians and then invaded by bears because no one tells me not to leave my trash out.

And can we please stop saying nanny-state, that’s a term invented by a corporate sh**tweasel to demonice the idea that government can help people.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:06:10 PM »

Wow, sounds like an HOA gone mad and given police powers.

Still, I’ll take it over that town in NH that got taken over by libertarians and then invaded by bears because no one tells me not to leave my trash out.

And can we please stop saying nanny-state, that’s a term invented by a corporate sh**tweasel to demonice the idea that government can help people.
Nah it applies in a lot of cases, even if not the above (for a more major example see: marijuana prohibition.)
It was designed by Frank Lutz as part of his crusade to end workplace protections. That it caught on with kids trying to be edgy doesn’t mean we should validate this framing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies