Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:34:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Democrats: What are you doing to make sure we win this election?  (Read 3446 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2006, 10:53:06 PM »

Apart from giving $200 to the Jim Webb campaign, as well as $30 the DNC, I have just finished flyering on behalf of his campaign. 

This may well be the last election in which I will ever vote Democratic on the national level...
How is this?

As far as the 2008 presidential election goes, I am almost certain that I will be voting Republican -I have no real hope that Evan Bayh will have as much of a chance as Mark Warner did in winning his party's nomination.

Beyond that, let's face it -I am becoming more and more conservative as time goes on, and as I get older.  I can only bring myself to support moderate-to-conservative Democrats nowaways, on top of which I am identifying with the Republican Party on more issues than I ever did when I was in college.  Before long, there will be precious little left to bind me to the Democratic Party.  At this point I am only biding my time.  I am not going to switch parties this year for obvious reasons, but in future years....who knows?   

It's funny - I'm becoming more liberal as I get older.

On topic - everything within US Electoral laws.
Conan
conan

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 10:53:38 PM »

Apart from giving $200 to the Jim Webb campaign, as well as $30 the DNC, I have just finished flyering on behalf of his campaign. 

This may well be the last election in which I will ever vote Democratic on the national level...
How is this?

As far as the 2008 presidential election goes, I am almost certain that I will be voting Republican -I have no real hope that Evan Bayh will have as much of a chance as Mark Warner did in winning his party's nomination.

Beyond that, let's face it -I am becoming more and more conservative as time goes on, and as I get older.  I can only bring myself to support moderate-to-conservative Democrats nowaways, on top of which I am identifying with the Republican Party on more issues than I ever did when I was in college.  Before long, there will be precious little left to bind me to the Democratic Party.  At this point I am only biding my time.  I am not going to switch parties this year for obvious reasons, but in future years....who knows?   

And who is your idea of a Republican who you would like???

Those who are moderately conservative like Chuck Hagel, John Warner, Lindsay Graham, Richard Lugar, Johnny Isaakson, and many others too numerous to name.
----------------------------------------

And I will volunteer a list of those Republicans I don't want to have in my company:

Ted Stevens, Richard Pombo, Tom DeLay, Tom Cole, George Allen, Rick Santorum, and I am probably missing some.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, and Rudy Giuliani are all acceptable. 
Giuliani wont win the primary and McCain probably wont either. I wouldnt mind a Huckabee or Romney presidency but I'd rather have a dem.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 11:00:14 PM »

lol, what havent I done?  I dropped literature and knocked on doors for 8 hours today.  During the week I phone bank and build 4x8 signs & distribute them.  I also man the Local Democratic HQ's, so that people can stop by and get signs, stickers, etc.

You're a good man. We need more people like you.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 11:03:44 PM »

I've been looking into IL-15 where David Gill the democrat recieved 39% in 04 - they say they're going for the win - I say if you get the vote up to 45% it's very good in that area. Even though Champaign Co. has voted Dem (by narrow margins.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »

lol, what havent I done?  I dropped literature and knocked on doors for 8 hours today.  During the week I phone bank and build 4x8 signs & distribute them.  I also man the Local Democratic HQ's, so that people can stop by and get signs, stickers, etc.

Thanks.  I know you're on campus, but keep up the good work.  I want Klobuchar to stomp Kennedy on election day.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »

Thanks.  I know you're on campus, but keep up the good work.  I want Klobuchar to stomp Kennedy on election day.

It's mostly for state legislature. Since everyone is so concerned about rising tuition, and both of our candidates for State House and State Senate (both of which are open seats, so is our twin House across the river in North Mankato and St. Peter) have experience working with the university (one is a professor), they've printed special flyers obviously aimed at students focusing on this issue.

And with Klobuchar's stomping of Kennedy a foregone conclusion (btw, the ratio of Klobuchar signs to Kennedy signs is like 30:1, no joke), the state party appears to be turning most of its focus now to the governor's race. I've noticed now the local DFL office has far more literature for Hatch than any other candidate.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 01:24:07 AM »

I've been looking into IL-15 where David Gill the democrat recieved 39% in 04 -

I really like David Gill, he's an ED doctor and would be a leader in the fight for universal health care.  I would gladly volunteer for his campaign if I lived in Illinois.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 11:20:41 AM »

I''m canvassing for another 3 hours today.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:19 AM »

Persuading my friend in MO to vote for McCaskill Wink Itīs really hard because she originally didnīt want to vote because she thinks "it all stays the same". But I will do my best to get the McCaskill vote Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies