Nancy Pelosi's successor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 07:13:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Nancy Pelosi's successor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi's successor?  (Read 8340 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« on: May 27, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »

As the announced alternative, I prefer Tim Ryan to Pelosi, but would be open to other options. If there's anyone from between the Appalachians and the Rockies (inclusive) with strong labor ties and a good position on global warming, I think they deserve a hearing.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »

Nancy Pelosi is on the path to become Speaker once again after next year's midterms. If she becomes Speaker once again and we defeat Donald Trump in 2020, I think she'll eventually resign on a high point, particularly if Democrats win the trifecta in 2020.

Right now, I have no doubt she is the best leader for the Democratic Party in the House. I don't think we can get anyone as progressive as her for leader for a long time. A lot of us on the left need to be realistic. We have a San Francisco liberal, once part of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, as the leader of our party in the House. What do you really think we're going to get if she stands down prematurely? Obviously, the answer is corporate Dem Steny Hoyer. Do you really think we're going to get another Bay Area liberal type as the next leader?

I actually don't like liberals all that much, and especially those from the Bay Area. Corporate types should be kept out too, but I don't like Pelosi for pretty straightforward reasons.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies