Atlas throwback : 1999 edition (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:53:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas throwback : 1999 edition (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas throwback : 1999 edition  (Read 6175 times)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« on: October 23, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »

I hope Gore picks Wellstone for VP. He'll need a liberal to balance the ticket.

He needs to go with same strategy Clinton with in '92. Double down on the conservative Southerner shtick. Sam Nunn or Jim Hunt would be good. Zell Miller wouldn't be a bad choice either, but he may be a bit too conservative.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

I hope Gore picks Wellstone for VP. He'll need a liberal to balance the ticket.

He needs to go with same strategy Clinton with in '92. Double down on the conservative Southerner shtick. Sam Nunn or Jim Hunt would be good. Zell Miller wouldn't be a bad choice either, but he may be a bit too conservative.
Jim Hunt would be great, but I really think Shaheen would be a great pick for him.

Shaheen has very minimal experience. Some time in a state senate and half a term as governor does not a vice president make.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 06:28:58 AM »

I really can't see Gore losing Pennsylvania or Minnesota. Not even Reagan could flip MN.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 06:36:34 PM »

Very out of the box but here goes nothing....

Bush/Cheney (R): 271 EVs, 47.9% PV
Gore/Lieberman (D): 266 EVs, 48.4% PV

Recount in Florida occurs but 5-4 decision in Bush v Gore stops recount and gives Bush the election

One faithless elector abstained because DC has lack of representation in congress

Green party candidate Ralph Nader gets 3% because Gore is perceived as too moderate

Junk post. Delete your account.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »

Also, LOL at Lieberman being Gore's VP pick.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 06:10:51 PM »

No seems to remember that Donald Trump has been hinting for a while now he might run as one of those bland low-energy "moderate hero" types in the Reform Party. Not sure if that would make a difference (the man is dreadfully boring and has no charisma whatsoever) but giving Perot's numbers it should be taken into account.

I'd vote for Trump over Gore.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 06:19:56 PM »

No seems to remember that Donald Trump has been hinting for a while now he might run as one of those bland low-energy "moderate hero" types in the Reform Party. Not sure if that would make a difference (the man is dreadfully boring and has no charisma whatsoever) but giving Perot's numbers it should be taken into account.

Lmao Trump has basically gone bankrupt too many times and is a joke now . Maybe if he ran in 1992 or 1988 he could get 5-10 percent of the vote but not in 2000

I really think you underestimate Trump. He could certainly bring the Reform Party to the left on economics and go after the old New Deal coalition. West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Michigan will be very interesting if he gets the nomination.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 08:16:30 PM »

Lmao Trump has basically gone bankrupt too many times and is a joke now . Maybe if he ran in 1992 or 1988 he could get 5-10 percent of the vote but not in 2000

I really think you underestimate Trump. He could certainly bring the Reform Party to the left on economics and go after the old New Deal coalition. West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Michigan will be very interesting if he gets the nomination.

West Virginia is probably the 2nd most Democratic state in the nation other then Mass, so even if trump gets 10% of vote there there is no way a Dem can lose that state.

Oh of course, Trump won't win a single state. But he could do surprisingly well in some very strong D states.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 06:16:50 AM »

CA looks like it'll be the tipping point state this cycle. With Buchanan poised to sweep the deep South, Bush absolutely needs California to win.

What makes you think that quack Buchanan will take the Reform Party nomination?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies