What states are the most/least in favor of free trade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:10:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What states are the most/least in favor of free trade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What states are the most/least in favor of free trade?  (Read 2805 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« on: February 09, 2017, 10:33:30 PM »

What states in the US are most likely to oppose free trade deals, and which states are most likely to support them? Another way to phrase this question is, if the country could have a nationwide referendum to leave NAFTA, somewhat analogous to Brexit, what would the map look like?

I assume that this map would bear little resemblance to those of recent presidential elections because recently, a lot of Republicans have turned against free trade while many Democrats now support it.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 09:58:45 PM »

This is my more accurate map (gray states either don't care strongly one way or the other or would have their partisans flip based on what the current party leader was saying, LOL):

I think that you could make Indiana and maybe Missouri red on this map and Georgia green.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies