Shall we fix Atlasia? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:02:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Shall we fix Atlasia? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shall we fix Atlasia?  (Read 3066 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 03, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »

1)  This is the most important issue you bring up IMO.  A better mechanism to create responses to legislation, ect is essential to the game.  I'm not sure how you want to involve the cabinet, but I'd certainly like to hear your opinions.  Of course, SOIA and GM have to start working together to respond to regional issues more often.

2)  This would be interesting, if everyone agreed to it.  I can't see the majority allowing this to happen, and I would be rather disappointed to leave the Northeast without first helping to get a new constitution and reform in the works.

3)  I like regional Senate seats, so this is an area where we have a difference.  

4)  I abstained from the last lowering registration amendment, on grounds that I wasn't here for the whole "troll" episode I heard so much about.  Of course, the game does need new citizens to step up, so lowering registration requirements might be necessary.

5)  How do you propose to give everyone an office?  I'm not sure I like the idea of everyone having an office, because some are taking a break, or campaigning for their first term.  I want citizens to become involved, but I don't think empty do-nothing offices is the way to go.    
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:59:53 PM »

This is a very minor change, but someone (Marokai?) on the Game Reform panel - whatever happened to that, BTW? - suggested implementing a legal framework for in-party caucuses. Given that the game has recently trended towards having two large and fairly diverse political parties, I think this would add an interesting element of back room skulduggery and intrigue to a game that needs it.

Marokai quit and it basically dissolved. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 02:14:28 PM »

This is a very minor change, but someone (Marokai?) on the Game Reform panel - whatever happened to that, BTW? - suggested implementing a legal framework for in-party caucuses. Given that the game has recently trended towards having two large and fairly diverse political parties, I think this would add an interesting element of back room skulduggery and intrigue to a game that needs it.

Marokai quit and it basically dissolved. 

That's a shame. I wonder if there'd be some benefits to setting up a kind of unofficial reform panel... Atlasia always needs more think tanks. Tongue

*ponders, chews nicotine gum*

We could co-operate in creating a PAC for reform... Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies