Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:27:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 285713 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: April 18, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »

Leave it to the Dems to shrink their tent by relying on Milwaukee to save the day. No wonder they are at a risk of turning Wisconsin to the next West Virginia.

Lol.

Also, theoretically we could rely on the ever-growing Dane County to dominate the whole state, but fortunately WI Dems have been doing well in rural areas as well.

If Milwaukee voted at the same level as Dane they could probably never have to rely on the rest of the state for anything.

For every 1 lost in the Driftless, right? I don’t subscribe to the Chuck Schumer “winning” philosophy.

Would give the Dems an extra 200,000 voters which would buffer anything lost, so a 2016 election with 200,000 more Dem votes (almost all of them would be in the minority communities) is an easy win.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1876 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »

Leave it to the Dems to shrink their tent by relying on Milwaukee to save the day. No wonder they are at a risk of turning Wisconsin to the next West Virginia.

Lol.

Also, theoretically we could rely on the ever-growing Dane County to dominate the whole state, but fortunately WI Dems have been doing well in rural areas as well.

If Milwaukee voted at the same level as Dane they could probably never have to rely on the rest of the state for anything.

For every 1 lost in the Driftless, right? I don’t subscribe to the Chuck Schumer “winning” philosophy.

Would give the Dems an extra 200,000 voters which would buffer anything lost, so a 2016 election with 200,000 more Dem votes (almost all of them would be in the minority communities) is an easy win.

As nice as that would be, the legislature isn’t Milwaukee-based. The inner city cannot be the only place that matters.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1877 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »

Lol.

As nice as that would be, the legislature isn’t Milwaukee-based. The inner city cannot be the only place that matters.

Duh, it'll also never happen. I'm just pointing out that if the city voted like Dane they would never have to truly worry about Republican control again, they would also get a lot more seats with having that many more active voters which would help with the packing, gerrymander problem the Republicans have put into place.
Duke of York

« Reply #1878 on: April 18, 2018, 10:54:50 AM »

Tony Evers is going to win the primary regardless.

Personally I think he's the strongest candidate in the general.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1879 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:42 AM »

Wisconsin legend and civil rights leader Vel Phillips passed away. Few of her accomplishments:

— 1st woman, 1st African American elected to Milwaukee Common Council
— 1st woman judge in Milwaukee County
— 1st African-American judge in WI
— 1st African American elected statewide in WI (Secertary of State)

Video on her life

She was a giant.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1880 on: April 19, 2018, 09:50:19 PM »

Tony Evers is going to win the primary regardless.

Personally I think he's the strongest candidate in the general.

Tony Evers already looks like a governor.

Meanwhile, take a look at this disgrace:

Duke of York

« Reply #1881 on: April 19, 2018, 11:29:10 PM »

I hope Tom Barrett doesn't get into the race. I have nothing against the man but he's lost three times for governor. its time to let someone else give it a go. Tony Evers is by far the strongest candidate and I fear Barrett getting in could blow that opportunity.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1882 on: April 20, 2018, 06:58:32 AM »

I hope Tom Barrett doesn't get into the race. I have nothing against the man but he's lost three times for governor. its time to let someone else give it a go. Tony Evers is by far the strongest candidate and I fear Barrett getting in could blow that opportunity.

I don't think his entry will have much impact at this point. The field is so unbelievably crowded that I think he would only likely get a couple percentage points like most of the others. That said, I'd rather he didn't jump in because that would just be sad and the field is too huge already. Just let Evers have the nomination so we can focus on beating Scott Walker.
Duke of York

« Reply #1883 on: April 20, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »

I don't think his entry will have much impact at this point. The field is so unbelievably crowded that I think he would only likely get a couple percentage points like most of the others. That said, I'd rather he didn't jump in because that would just be sad and the field is too huge already. Just let Evers have the nomination so we can focus on beating Scott Walker.

Do you think he has a good chance to beat Walker? He did win his election with something like 65 percent of the vote right so I would imagine he has a lot of crossover appeal.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1884 on: April 20, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »

Do you think he has a good chance to beat Walker? He did win his election with something like 65 percent of the vote right so I would imagine he has a lot of crossover appeal.

Yes, definitely. Honestly, I think most of the Democratic field could beat Walker, even if very narrowly. I just think Evers would stand the best chance for partially that reason. I think he could perform better in rural areas of the state than past nominees, and I think he's fairly mild and inoffensive enough to appeal more to swing voters than the divisive Walker, and he's also progressive enough to satisfy the base, and I think anger against Walker and Trump will do the trick for firing up the base even if Evers himself doesn't.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1885 on: April 23, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »

Tom Barrett's goal in his life is to be Governor of Wisconsin.

However, I think Wisconsin's anti-Milwaukee sentiment might be a problem for Barrett.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/19/we-havent-made-any-decisions-mayor-tom-barrett-confirms-hes-considering-another-run-governor/531393002/
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1886 on: April 24, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »

However, I think Wisconsin's anti-Milwaukee sentiment might be a problem for Barrett.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/19/we-havent-made-any-decisions-mayor-tom-barrett-confirms-hes-considering-another-run-governor/531393002/

Yes, the conservative country has really been brainwashed to think if they step foot in Milwaukee they'll be mugged, raped and then murdered.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1887 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:13 AM »

This race is Likely Democratic, I don't understand why people consider this Republican-leaning.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1888 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »

Yes, the conservative country has really been brainwashed to think if they step foot in Milwaukee they'll be mugged, raped and then murdered.

Milwaukee does itself no favours in this department...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1889 on: April 24, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »

This race is Likely Democratic, I don't understand why people consider this Republican-leaning.

By people who mean just Bronze and Hofoid.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1890 on: April 24, 2018, 10:58:28 AM »

Yes, yes we know how you think. But unless you're involved in gang activity/actively using drugs and buying them or actively involved in the drug trade the chances of anything really happening to you is not that much. There was a surge of shootings the last two years that is coming down, but these aren't random people shooting each other.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1891 on: April 24, 2018, 11:00:35 AM »

When all people can cite is a non-partisan Supreme Court race and Foxconn (which is a huge boost to the GOP in key areas like Racine County), I can't really be interested in calling it a toss-up yet. Not until I see polls consistently show Dems in the lead as well as a drop in Walker's approval rating. The last one had him recover from being underwater. Also, we must remember that Walker can inspire WOW like no other politician in this state can...and in a much higher level than even Trump.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1892 on: April 24, 2018, 01:39:13 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure the people of Racine are very pleased that every other part of the state is subsidizing their corporate welfare development.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1893 on: April 24, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »

Yes, yes we know how you think. But unless you're involved in gang activity/actively using drugs and buying them or actively involved in the drug trade the chances of anything really happening to you is not that much. There was a surge of shootings the last two years that is coming down, but these aren't random people shooting each other.

you got a link for that chart?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1894 on: April 24, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »

https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-wisconsin/
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1895 on: April 25, 2018, 10:04:31 AM »

https://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-wisconsin/

Danka
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1896 on: May 11, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2018/05/10/county-panel-endorses-marijuana-referendum-nov-6-ballot/591566002/

Posted it in the pot thread but looks like Milwaukee County will get legal marijuana soon.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1897 on: May 11, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »

Not sure how much we actually have to worry about Paul Soglin winning the nomination:

Wiz in Wis

« Reply #1898 on: May 11, 2018, 11:19:46 AM »

Not sure how much we actually have to worry about Paul Soglin winning the nomination:

Way to project your indifference to the race, Paul.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1899 on: May 11, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »

Great news
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies