Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:56:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 285734 times)
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 05, 2018, 02:00:09 PM »

Lol

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1326 on: March 05, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »

Evers leading Dem Primary 18% to Soglin 9% and Flynn 7%.

MULawPoll

@MULawPoll
 1m1 minute ago
More
Evers favored by 18% who say they will vote in Dem primary for gov, Soglin by 9%, Flynn by 7%. Others at 6% or lower. #mulawpoll
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1327 on: March 05, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »

The best number for Democrats in this poll:

Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1328 on: March 05, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »

Horrid numbers for the Dems in this poll. Walker treading even with all his struggles means he can only improve in his numbers from here.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1329 on: March 05, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »

Immigration:

Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1330 on: March 05, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »

Horrid numbers for the Dems in this poll. Walker treading even with all his struggles means he can only improve in his numbers from here.

Not with a 12% gap in voter enthusiasm.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1331 on: March 06, 2018, 03:46:19 PM »

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1332 on: March 07, 2018, 09:38:10 PM »

It will be hard for him, but he's in a better position right now than I thought he would be by the end of his presidential run. Being back to 47/47 really does mean he has a fighting chance to get a third term, especially considering that no one knows the people running against him! Sure, he'll need to find a way to get Republicans to turn out and vote for him, which is easier said than done, but if anyone can find a way, my money would be on Scott Walker.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1333 on: March 07, 2018, 10:55:44 PM »

It will be hard for him, but he's in a better position right now than I thought he would be by the end of his presidential run. Being back to 47/47 really does mean he has a fighting chance to get a third term, especially considering that no one knows the people running against him! Sure, he'll need to find a way to get Republicans to turn out and vote for him, which is easier said than done, but if anyone can find a way, my money would be on Scott Walker.

He's doing his usual run fast to the middle in the second half of the term, after going hard right during the first half and sadly it works. I agree no one knows who he's running against and if it keeps up into the Summer it really does make Evers the best choice as at least he's been on a statewide ballot multiple times.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1334 on: March 08, 2018, 12:34:57 AM »

The stupid attempt to recall Walker permitted him to build an organization to survive the recall and get him re-elected.  He may be able to gear up that organization again for a third time.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1335 on: March 08, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »

The stupid attempt to recall Walker permitted him to build an organization to survive the recall and get him re-elected.  He may be able to gear up that organization again for a third time.

You mean fourth.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1336 on: March 08, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »

Exactly. This is not a race that's looking favorable for Dems... Evers is a lousy candidate. He's not inspiring or remotely interesting, and he'll lose to Walker, for whom the burbs and rural areas will actually show up for. He'll get disastrous numbers in Milwaukee, where Democratic turnout has dropped in recent years. I'll be voting for Mitchell, who actually stands a chance against Walker. If Evers wins the primary, Dems are toast.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1337 on: March 08, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »

He's doing his usual run fast to the middle in the second half of the term, after going hard right during the first half and sadly it works. I agree no one knows who he's running against and if it keeps up into the Summer it really does make Evers the best choice as at least he's been on a statewide ballot multiple times.

I doubt that really matters much, considering 66% still don't know who he is. Whomever the Democrats nominate will more or less have a fresh chance to define themselves (or fail to do so) in the general election.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1338 on: March 08, 2018, 06:22:55 PM »

Exactly. This is not a race that's looking favorable for Dems... Evers is a lousy candidate. He's not inspiring or remotely interesting, and he'll lose to Walker, for whom the burbs and rural areas will actually show up for. He'll get disastrous numbers in Milwaukee, where Democratic turnout has dropped in recent years. I'll be voting for Mitchell, who actually stands a chance against Walker. If Evers wins the primary, Dems are toast.

Lol.

Evers will do fine in rural areas. This meme that Driftless is Titanium Walker is so laughable. In recent elections since Trump was inaugurated Dems have been dominating in Driftless(including Evers himself in 2017). Walker just happened to run in good Republican years. We don't need huge turnout in Milwaukee County. We need Dane County juiced up in turnout numbers(and in the few statewide elections there have been, they've been punching above their weight considerably), as well as winning Driftless, which is looking pretty likely at this juncture.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1339 on: March 09, 2018, 11:23:29 AM »

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Basically every Democratic candidate running supports some form of Marijuana legalization
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1340 on: March 09, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »

Great!
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1341 on: March 10, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »

mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1342 on: March 14, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »

Not necessarily relevant to the race, but I just want to say that Evers is a major FF.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1343 on: March 14, 2018, 04:51:01 PM »

Not necessarily relevant to the race, but I just want to say that Evers is a major FF.

Vote has been ultra locked in.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1344 on: March 14, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 06:10:12 PM by Virginia »

Jesus Christ I can't wait to see Scott Walker lose
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1345 on: March 14, 2018, 04:55:58 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 06:10:25 PM by Virginia »

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1346 on: March 14, 2018, 04:59:17 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 06:10:44 PM by Virginia »

mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #1347 on: March 14, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2018, 06:10:56 PM by Virginia »

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1348 on: March 14, 2018, 05:41:45 PM »

I love Mitchell but this guy is Ultra Endorsed now.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1349 on: March 14, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »

Crap I really want to see what Mondale originally wrote. Someone PM me please!

I only removed the tweet bbcode from some people's posts. I'm still unsure of what happens when a ton of people keep quoting the same embedded tweets causing it to load like 6-12 times every time a user views the page. Although it's different context, imgur blocked Atlas because people were using it a lot. I think Twitter alluded to similar viewing limits in their API documentation.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies