Wisconsin Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:15:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread  (Read 285735 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: January 12, 2017, 05:17:11 PM »

Burke was actually considered a pretty good candidate for Ds in 2014, IIRC. IMO, this race is Leans R until proven otherwise. I don't see Walker losing unless it's an absolute Democratic wave year.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #601 on: January 12, 2017, 07:17:47 PM »

Burke was actually considered a pretty good candidate for Ds in 2014, IIRC. IMO, this race is Leans R until proven otherwise. I don't see Walker losing unless it's an absolute Democratic wave year.

Nah, everyone thought she was awful.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #602 on: January 12, 2017, 07:57:39 PM »

Burke is a walking example of a candidate pundits think is great because she would have a moderate PM score and say things the media likes (ie. a socially liberal fiscally conservative bent) without offending anyone. The problem for her is that she didn't really project a vision for the state. In the nine months she spent running for governor just about the only issues she gave clear answers on were her support for abortion and gay marriage. So there wasn't any real energy for her.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #603 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »

So.... any word from Feingold about a comeback? I'm not asking how well/poorly he'd do, I just want to know if he's at all interested Tongue
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »

So.... any word from Feingold about a comeback? I'm not asking how well/poorly he'd do, I just want to know if he's at all interested Tongue

Nah, maybe in a future Democratic administration, but that's it.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #605 on: January 24, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »

Walker throwing out red meat with more 'welfare reform' proposals, last year it was drug testing and now  new work requirements. Expect him to throw out more wedge issues as 2018 nears.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #606 on: January 24, 2017, 08:50:55 PM »

Walker throwing out red meat with more 'welfare reform' proposals, last year it was drug testing and now  new work requirements. Expect him to throw out more wedge issues as 2018 nears.

He also wants to return education funding back to what it was before the last budget, the one statewide issue that has legitimatly hurt him.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2017, 10:59:57 AM »

The dude has a 38% approval rating for Christ's sake. And Dems will be much more engaged by default than they were in 2010/2014 nationwide. This race is about as tossup as it gets without knowing the opponent.

Walker has always been a polarizing figure in a very polarized state, but he knows how to win statewide elections. I'd be shocked if he lost reelection, honestly. I have it as Lean R.

Guy hasn't won more than 53%, and that was during the recall when he had a good story about giving him a chance. Any rating other than tossup is silly.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #608 on: January 27, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2017, 01:19:54 PM by Assemblyman Drew »

Court order says that legislature/gov must redraw legislative districts before 2018 election.  State plans to appeal to SCOTUS.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/judges-to-state-redraw-legislative-districts-before-election/article_bff10235-7420-57f0-a185-c0f8939ca9b4.html
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2017, 11:15:25 PM »

I hope this goes through because the gerrymander here is insane.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #610 on: February 06, 2017, 09:40:45 AM »

Walker moving hard to the center by proposing $649 million more in school funding in the state's budget.

This is a big departure from the last budget that cut public school funding, which along with his campaign for President was one of the key causes for his approval rating drop.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #611 on: February 06, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »

He's running for re-election, if he's successful he'll probably cut this and much more again but he's trying to make people think he cares about education.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #612 on: February 06, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »

Walker moving hard to the center by proposing $649 million more in school funding in the state's budget.

This is a big departure from the last budget that cut public school funding, which along with his campaign for President was one of the key causes for his approval rating drop.

He's the very definition of political slime.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #613 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »

Another hint that Walker's running.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #614 on: February 06, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »

Who is going tm run for the democrats?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #615 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:39 PM »

At this point? Literally no one. The strongest candidate barely won re-election to the state senate. Need to pray that Trump and Walker do more awful things for the state to piss enough people off or the Dems have no one.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #616 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:36 PM »

At this point? Literally no one. The strongest candidate barely won re-election to the state senate. Need to pray that Trump and Walker do more awful things for the state to piss enough people off or the Dems have no one.

I assume Kind is not even thinking about it.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #617 on: February 06, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »

Great news! We can gerrymander much better districts given that the unions have been destroyed and the Wisconsin Democrat party is a rump party in the state. Look how badly that has been Feingold got thrashed.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #618 on: February 06, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »

Great news! We can gerrymander much better districts given that the unions have been destroyed and the Wisconsin Democrat party is a rump party in the state. Look how badly that has been Feingold got thrashed.

Um, this ruling would make political gerrymandering illegal.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #619 on: February 06, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »

Um, this ruling would make political gerrymandering illegal.

No, not really. The specific order, which probably won't even last, is to redraw the maps. We can make them better.

Since the rump party is condensed to only a handful of counties in Wisconsin, they have a geographic/distributional problem. Barry used to have widespread support in Wisconsin.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #620 on: February 06, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »

Wow.

Scott Walker apparently took a break from eating ham and cheese sandwiches and learned how to use emojis.

Proud of you, Scotty!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #621 on: February 06, 2017, 10:41:39 PM »

Can someone explain to me why krazen gets to stay on this forum?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #622 on: February 06, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »

Can someone explain to me why krazen gets to stay on this forum?

Muon and Torie like him.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #623 on: February 06, 2017, 11:42:16 PM »

They don't have the power to ban him, and either krazen is diligently skirting the line on what is acceptable or no one is reporting the posts that would eventually get him banned.

I mean, if this was my forum he'd have been gone long ago because I know what he is doing, and in the long run he's a very clear net negative for the place whose sometimes decent contributions are consistently outweighed by his clear lack of respect/disdain for us. But that's not how the system works here, which I have to say isn't necessarily a bad thing. It can be frustrating like this but it can also prevent moderators/admins from getting carried away with pruning users as they seek to build a perfect forum environment, which in the end could sometimes be just as harmful for the forum.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #624 on: February 07, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »

They don't have the power to ban him, and either krazen is diligently skirting the line on what is acceptable or no one is reporting the posts that would eventually get him banned.

I mean, if this was my forum he'd have been gone long ago because I know what he is doing, and in the long run he's a very clear net negative for the place whose sometimes decent contributions are consistently outweighed by his clear lack of respect/disdain for us. But that's not how the system works here, which I have to say isn't necessarily a bad thing. It can be frustrating like this but it can also prevent moderators/admins from getting carried away with pruning users as they seek to build a perfect forum environment, which in the end could sometimes be just as harmful for the forum.

As we saw all too often with Inks...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies