VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:30:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: It's a Wave (GE: Nov 7th - Thread #2)  (Read 99479 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: November 07, 2017, 08:45:40 PM »

Am I reading the map wrong or are the margins (relative to 2016) trending Republican in Alexandria and Richmond?

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/virginia-governor-election-gillespie-northam
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:47:54 PM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  3m3 minutes ago
More
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!

LOL!!!

This was the most likely Trump response to a Gillespie loss, in my opinion. Or, for that matter, any loss. Smiley
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:38 PM »

Sigh.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:55:27 PM »

Dems seem to be making a serious play for the HoD.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »

Am I reading the map wrong or are the margins (relative to 2016) trending Republican in Alexandria and Richmond?

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/virginia-governor-election-gillespie-northam

Yes, this is true, but it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Northam is improving on Clinton in both places, but Gillespie is improving on Trump by more, so they are narrowly swinging Republican. These are the types of places that had a lot of solid very high income Republicans who voted for Johnson to whom Gillespie is more acceptable than Trump.

Alright. Makes sense.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  3m3 minutes ago
More
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!

LOL!!!

This was the most likely Trump response to a Gillespie loss, in my opinion. Or, for that matter, any loss. Smiley
Well, Trump is beyond radioactive in the state of Virginia, which is VERY pro-insider, pro-lobbyist, pro-bureaucrat, pro-deep state, etc. and totally relies on big government growth, so Trumpism obviously won't win in Virginia. Still shocked to see radical alt-left candidates like that DSA-endorsed Lee Carter win, and by double digits. Scary.

Cri moar
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies