Clinton To Take Wisconsin? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:12:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Clinton To Take Wisconsin? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton To Take Wisconsin?  (Read 9739 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: March 20, 2008, 04:44:41 AM »

You know, New Hampshire was a long time ago. You should really get over it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 07:32:36 PM »

You know, New Hampshire was a long time ago. You should really get over it.

That has nothing to do with it. Read the thread and note his citing of polls that don't exist.

While I haven't payed close attention to this little feud and I have a lot of respect for JJ, yeah, he has been a little bit hackish for Clinton (though nowhere near the level of many, if not most, Obama supporters on here) but I think we all know the reason why you're going after him so incessantly. And I think you proved your point and had your fun. As I said, New Hampshire was a long time ago, and it's time to give it a rest.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

While I haven't payed close attention to this little feud and I have a lot of respect for JJ, yeah, he has been a little bit hackish for Clinton (though nowhere near the level of many, if not most, Obama supporters on here) but I think we all know the reason why you're going after him so incessantly. And I think you proved your point and had your fun. As I said, New Hampshire was a long time ago, and it's time to give it a rest.

I'm confused about what New Hampshire has to do with this?  Have I been missing a BRTD diatribe?

I have respect for J. J. too.  Which is why it pains me to see him wasting his analytical skill with unapologetic hackery under the guise of objectivity.  He's way better than this.

JJ predicted that Clinton would win New Hampshire by 2%. BRTD laughed at it and even posted it in the Comedy Goldmine. Much ridicule followed. Ever since he goes after JJ at every turn, digging up every statement he makes on the race, using language that is unusually aggressive even by BRTD's standard. I think the connection is pretty clear.

As I said, I haven't followed the Wisconsin stuff closely, but I do think JJ has entered into the land of hackery at times, which is sad because, yes, he is better than that. By the general forum standard though, I don't think he stands out in the field of hackery at all though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »

It seems like I was completely mistaken about the New Hampshire thing. While I did remember Eraserhead was the one orginially posting it I could have sworn BRTD was involved in it too. He PMed me saying that it wasn't the case and after having checked it it does seem like my memory tripped me up. So I'd like to extend an apology to BRTD over that and hope he believes me when I say that it was an honest mistake. I will continue to disagree with him and criticize him on many scores, but this time I was wrong and he was right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies