Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:49:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46057 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 05, 2020, 10:06:01 PM »

I'm suspicious of the Florida voting thing. There could be another Derek Chauvin who lives in Florida and this would be a valid voter.
Odds this Derek Chauvin has the exact same birth date?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1001 on: June 05, 2020, 10:26:10 PM »

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #1002 on: June 05, 2020, 11:29:04 PM »

I'm suspicious of the Florida voting thing. There could be another Derek Chauvin who lives in Florida and this would be a valid voter.
Odds this Derek Chauvin has the exact same birth date?

Highly unlikely if they are different people, for sure. Has the birth date of the Florida voter been given/stated somewhere? The letter just mentions his name.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1003 on: June 06, 2020, 07:45:50 AM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1004 on: June 06, 2020, 08:01:40 AM »

Maybe Ms. Omar should focus on this instead of bashing her party's nominee.

I've missed this. Has she in fact spent a lot of time bashing Biden? Wouldn't surprise me.

She claimed to believe Reade's allegations in her book published 1-2 weeks ago and added that Biden shouldn't be the nominee.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1005 on: June 06, 2020, 08:21:57 AM »

Maybe Ms. Omar should focus on this instead of bashing her party's nominee.

I've missed this. Has she in fact spent a lot of time bashing Biden? Wouldn't surprise me.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1006 on: June 06, 2020, 01:00:42 PM »

This is peak Fox News. Don't think they can get any Foxier than that. This belongs on "NotTheOnion".
kyc0705

« Reply #1007 on: June 06, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »

Meanwhile in Fox News news:

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1008 on: June 06, 2020, 05:12:32 PM »

U.S. Marine Corp bans display of the Confederate battle flag.

Not sure I agree with their reasoning but a good development nonetheless.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #1009 on: June 06, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »

Just catching up on this thread after a lengthy power outage. Yikes @ jim’s and Sprouts’s posts on the last couple of pages.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1010 on: June 06, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »

I can't believe it took this long. How was displaying the flag of traitors acceptable in any way by our military?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1011 on: June 06, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »

I can't believe it took this long. How was displaying the flag of traitors acceptable in any way by our military?

The PR campaign for the treasonous slavers' rebellion was pretty good. Look at all the statues they put up! While I am in no way a Southerner, I get the impression that up until this century, it was often just seen as "Hey, the South, yee-haw!" with no thought given to what it actually stood for.

(And to be clear, it always stood for treason and slavery and their modern-day equivalents. It's just that many people seeing it didn't think about what it stood for, because it didn't hurt them personally. I suspect that most German citizens in the mid-1930s didn't think about pogroms and camps every time they saw a Nazi swastika, but that is what it was a symbol for all the same.)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1012 on: June 06, 2020, 11:51:13 PM »

The party of law and order folks.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1013 on: June 07, 2020, 12:07:05 AM »

It’s been awhile since I’ve audibly gasped from a Fox News graphic. Not because they’re not always insane but because I’m used to it.

I gasped at this one though.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1014 on: June 07, 2020, 10:39:58 AM »

It’s been awhile since I’ve audibly gasped from a Fox News graphic. Not because they’re not always insane but because I’m used to it.

For what?
Stating a correlation without causation?
It's an interesting fact to report and is against expectations .
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1015 on: June 07, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »

For what?
Stating a correlation without causation?
It's an interesting fact to report and is against expectations .

Three of the four events was the violent death of an African-American man, and two of them were confirmed murders (we don't know exactly about Michael Brown), so examining them in terms of "how much did our 401(k)s go up afterward?" is incredibly tone deaf and callous without actually having the defense of relevance.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1016 on: June 08, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »

Bail for Chauvin set at $1.25 million.

https://www.startribune.com/1m-bail-for-chauvin-officer-in-floyd-death/571099132
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1017 on: June 08, 2020, 08:03:38 PM »

Obscene amount of money for someone whose salary is probably around $60,000 a year. Excessive bail must be abolished. Though if I were Chauvin, I wouldn't want to pay it anyway; I'd stay away from the protesters in the safety of my jail cell.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1018 on: June 08, 2020, 10:31:34 PM »

Because I'm a masochist, I decided to take a look at r/ProtectAndServe and it turns out those people are just as deranged as I thought. To be fair, some of them did say the maybe, just maybe, not having enough job experience is not a justification for thinking that killing someone is all fine and dandy, but more than enough were saying the opposite.

For context: Lane and Kueng are two of the officers charged with abetting George Floyd's murder.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1019 on: June 09, 2020, 04:02:16 AM »

Because I'm a masochist, I decided to take a look at r/ProtectAndServe and it turns out those people are just as deranged as I thought. To be fair, some of them did say the maybe, just maybe, not having enough job experience is not a justification for thinking that killing someone is all fine and dandy, but more than enough were saying the opposite.

For context: Lane and Kueng are two of the officers charged with abetting George Floyd's murder.

Did they BOTH have only 4 days on the job? I heard one cop did.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1020 on: June 09, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »

Did they BOTH have only 4 days on the job? I heard one cop did.
The were both in the same training class and graduated in December 2019. Lane was on his 4th full-time shift, and Kueng was on his 3rd. There must have been additional service in some sort of probationary role.

Mayor Frey should resign and the police chief fired for their failure to train officers properly.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1021 on: June 09, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »

Obscene amount of money for someone whose salary is probably around $60,000 a year. Excessive bail must be abolished. Though if I were Chauvin, I wouldn't want to pay it anyway; I'd stay away from the protesters in the safety of my jail cell.

I am with you, but it is pretty poetic for someone who abused their role in the justice system now getting a taste of the dark realities within it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1022 on: June 10, 2020, 05:46:37 AM »

State lawmakers passed legislation Monday named for Eric Garner, almost 6 years after his death, that allows prosecutors to bring a felony charge against police officers found to have used a chokehold.
SOURCE - https://www.silive.com/news/2020/06/lawmakers-pass-bill-named-for-eric-garner-that-makes-police-chokehold-a-felony.html

Please keep in mind that the guy in the following video is the union head of the same police department (New York City) that killed Eric Garner with a chokehold. Keep that in mind when you listen to these words he spoke on Tuesday, one day after the Eric Garner legislation was passed.

SInNYC

« Reply #1023 on: June 10, 2020, 08:35:31 AM »

I am with you, but it is pretty poetic for someone who abused their role in the justice system now getting a taste of the dark realities within it.

I generally agree with lower (or no) cash bails, but I dont think this is the case for it. If the bail were small in this case, there are enough 'cops are heroes' people that would organize a gofundme page to pay it. Also, the police union may pay it if their laws allow. And I see a high flight risk in this case.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1024 on: June 10, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »

I generally agree with lower (or no) cash bails, but I dont think this is the case for it. If the bail were small in this case, there are enough 'cops are heroes' people that would organize a gofundme page to pay it. Also, the police union may pay it if their laws allow. And I see a high flight risk in this case.

That is also a good point.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies