Midterm Game Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Midterm Game Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which type of game do you prefer and which year?
Simulated presidential election and subsequent midterm with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (My original idea)

Midterm and subsequent played presidential election with national PAC's, etc. and multiple districts to choose from (NYE's idea)

Pick a single CD and have everyone run it (Del Tachi's idea, if this is picked we'll also need a vote on CD, based on the year that was picked)

2022 (simulated 2020)

Other year, please specify below

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Midterm Game Thread  (Read 5128 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -3.44

P P P

« on: September 07, 2020, 09:10:25 AM »

Can I claim George Allen please?
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 02:50:59 PM »

Sen. George Allen (R-VA) announces 2006 re-election bid

Today, Republican Senator from Virginia, George Allen, announced he would seek another term. Allen was elected in 2000, narrowly defeating incumbent Democratic Sen. Chuck Robb. Sen. Allen is a potential Republican presidential candidate, if re-elected.

Senator Allen's press release also said that he plans on working hard to campaign and fundraise for whoever the Republican nominee for Governor is, as well as campaigning for State Senate and House of Delegates candidates to keep the General Assembly in Republican hands.

It's expected that Senator Allen will also make visits to early primary/caucus states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Image from Wikimedia Commons
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:29:25 PM »

August Schedule for Sen. Allen

August 1-5- Door-knock and barnstorm for VA GOP gubernatorial nominee Jerry Kilgore in Virginia Beach, Prince William, Lynchburg, and other swing counties/cities.

August 6- Interview on Meet the Press with Tim Russert

I am not considering running for president at this time, it's far too early for me to even begin considering running for president. When the time comes by 2007, my family and I will take a hard look at it and we'll make a decision at a later time. Right now, my focus is on Virginia. I'm focusing on helping making my good friend Jerry Kilgore the next Governor of Virginia. This is a turning point for our commonwealth. We've got a decision between someone who has advocated for late-term abortions in Virginia and someone who has spent their entire life advocating for our 2nd Amendment, low taxes for hard-working Virginians, and keeping the moral fabric of our commonwealth and our nation. I hope all Virginians see that and vote for the right option, Jerry Kilgore.

August 7-13- Continue crisscrossing Virginia, barnstorming and campaigning for House of Delegates and State Senate candidates, as well as for the Kilgore campaign

August 14- Fundraiser for 2006 Senate campaign in Fairfax, VA

August 15-20- Take a break from campaigning with family at home in D.C.

August 21-31 Continue barnstorming, knocking doors, and making calls for Jerry Kilgore and other local GOP candidates

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2020, 04:52:13 PM by SouthCarolinaAaron »

Sen. George Allen September Schedule

September 1-9: Fundraise for '06 Senate campaign throughout VA
September 10: Fundraise in New York for Senate campaign
September 11: Attend memorials in New York City, Shanksville, and Washington, D.C.
A few hours ago, I spoke with Catherine Hernandez, who lost her father in these attacks. She told me, that her father, Norberto, was a pastry chef in the World Trade Center. She said he was the kindest, sweetest soul you have ever met. Whenever Norberto would leave his kids for work or wherever he may be going, he would say to Catherine and her siblings, "‘Te amo. Vaya con Dios." To Catherine, to her family, and to all of the victims of these terrible attacks, I say, God be with you, and that it's people like you that make America the greatest nation on the planet, and it's people like you that got us through those challenging times. We must never forget.
September 12-15: Return to Virginia, barnstorm across the state for Jerry Kilgore
September 16-19: Make speeches in Iowa and New Hampshire to test the waters for a 2008 presidential campaign
September 20-25: Barnstorm, speak, and fundraise across Virginia for Jerry Kilgore and for General Assembly candidates
September 27: Rest
September 28-30: Senate duties
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »

Sen. Allen's 2006 Campaign Strategy

Senator George Allen (R-VA) realizes that depending on his opponent, he could either cruise to re-election or go down in stunning defeat. The Allen campaign is trying to make the election about Virginia, with highlights of the national implications of this race. He plans to highlight his introduction of the Balanced Budget Amendment, the Line Item Veto, Paycheck Penalty Legislation, the National Innovation Act, and the 21st Century Nanotechnology Research & Development Act. He hopes to emphasize his bipartisanship in the Senate, in particular, working with Senator Lieberman and Senator Wyden to pass the 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act.

He plans on running ads to promote Allen's work on maintaining a balanced budget, which can appeal to suburban voters. He wants to also focus on issues that appeal to both parties in Virginia, issues that are embraced by both parties such as the death penalty, right-to-work laws, and Second Amendment rights (on a national scale, these are all dividing issues but in VA, the parties are more united). Allen also wants to play down his support for the Iraq War and make this race about Virginia, not about George Bush. As 2006 comes closer, Senator Allen plans on cutting down on visits to early presidential primary states.

VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »

George Allen Interview on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace

Wallace: Joining us now is Virginia Senator George Allen. Senator Allen, thank you for coming on.
Allen: Always a pleasure, Chris.
Wallace: Let’s delve right into the big issue of the day, President Bush’s nomination of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. Some of your Republican colleagues have already come out saying they will vote in favor of President Bush’s nomination, do you share that sentiment?
Allen: We’ve got a very delicate process for Supreme Court and any presidential appointments that require Senate confirmation, and part of that process is confirmation hearings. So, I have heard concerns about Mr. Alito’s position on certain things. He is incredibly qualified, I don’t think that’s being doubted. I’m not going to be making a decision on his nomination until his confirmation hearings.
Wallace: Another pressing issue right now is the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Some have called for a complete withdrawal from both middle-east nations. In 2002, you voted for the Iraq War. Have you had a change of thought?
Allen: No, I haven’t George. From the beginning, I’ve said that I don’t want these wars to be endless wars. I don’t support a complete withdrawal. We have to have strong and bold leadership in the face of our adversaries. When the time is right, we ought to withdraw, but I do not believe that time is now. I support staying in Afghanistan for the time being, because we have to do our level best to make sure that the Taliban does not have a resurgence.
Wallace: In your successful 2000 bid for the U.S. Senate, you were endorsed by the National Rifle Association. Recently, you helped pass the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, which restricts lawsuits against gun manufacturers. Can you explain your support for this?
Allen: I’m a firm believer that we should be holding the criminals responsible not the manufacturers. If you get rear-ended, you don’t sue the car manufacturer, you’d sue the driver of the car behind you. It’s the same situation here. We need to hold criminals accountable taking innocent lives and making sure that guns are in the hands of the right people.
Wallace: Do you support universal background checks?
Allen: I don’t know anybody that doesn’t support a background check for a gun. But I think the assault weapons ban shouldn’t be renewed, that takes it a step too far.
Wallace: There’s been a dispute at the Virginia Military Institute, about whether women should be allowed to learn at the institute. Who do you side with here?
Allen: I don’t like the label of a “feminist,” however I don’t see why women shouldn’t be allowed to learn there. I’ve met with several qualified and hardworking female service-members and veterans. They do a fine job and this is just unnecessary that we even have to debate on this topic.
Wallace: Let’s move to the topic of unions and right-to-work laws. Your likely opponent, Mark Warner, is against them. You’re in favor of them. Why are you right and why is Governor Warner wrong?
Allen: It’s my firm belief that the purpose of unions are to make sure that work conditions are up to the standards set by the government and to make sure everyone gets a fair chance. Unfortunately, in recent years, unions have become job killers. They march in, protect workers from termination even when they rightfully deserve termination, and those on the other side want to force workers into unions. That’s a violation of civil liberties and if I’m in the Senate, I’ll make sure it doesn’t pass.
Wallace: Let’s talk about abortion. This is another area of disagreement between you and your opponent, Governor Warner. Governor Warner wants to protect Roe v. Wade, you are against that Supreme Court decision.
Allen: I was raised to preserve life. I’ve always held the position that life begins at heart beat. When I was Governor of Virginia, I worked with the Democratic General Assembly to reach a compromise, where we required parents of minors to consent to their daughters abortion. We can reduce teen pregnancy and make sure women have health care while still preserving the right to life. I’m proud to have a 0% rating from NARAL. I think this pro-life message will resonate with Virginians and carry us to victory in November.
Wallace: One more question after this one. In 2001 and 2003, you voted in favor of the Bush tax cuts. Do you stand by that vote?
Allen: Yes I do, Chris. The bill isn’t perfect, no bill or tax cut is perfect, but these cuts were the right thing to give our hardest working Americans a break. Time and time again, I’ve heard the argument from people like Governor Warner that say that all Republicans want to do is cut taxes for rich people. And that is just nonsense. I’ve heard that talking point from the other side of the aisle over and over again. I feel like President Reagan when I say, “There you go again” and that’s what I say to the other side.
Wallace: Final question, Senator. I think you’re expecting this one, so here it comes. You’ve been on the top of the list of many Republicans as potential presidential candidates in 2008. Set the record straight, are you considering running for president in 2008?
Allen: I’m not considering a presidential run at this time. It’s far too early to even think about running. As I’ve said countless times, my focus is Virginia. The future of our commonwealth is at stake this November, and hopefully Virginians will make the right decision.
Wallace: Thank you for coming on, Senator. Come back any time.
Allen: Thanks, Chris.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 05:59:26 PM »

"Trusted"
30-second ad for Senator George Allen

Allen appears on the screen in his house, speaking to voters

"Hi, I'm George Allen. For the last 15 years, I've had the honor to serve my home state in the House of Representatives, as Governor, and for the last few years, as a United States Senator. For my entire career I've been a champion for low taxes, a better education for our children, and a safer, stronger Virginia. That's why I helped protect our Second Amendment rights by passing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. That's why I voted for the President's tax cuts. And it's why, I've voted to keep education in the hands of Virginians, not in the hands of Washington bureaucrats. I'm Senator George Allen, I approve this message, and I ask for your vote this November."

Logo made myself
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »

Allen October 2005 Schedule
Logo made myself

October 1-3: Barnstorm Loudon
October 4: Open campaign office in Loudoun County
October 5-10: Door-knock and barnstorm Prince William County
October 11: Hold town hall at George Mason University with college students to bolster youth enthusiasm
October 12-18: Senate duties
October 19: Hold roundtable with suburban moms to discuss education and safety issues in Henrico County
Mark Warner spent 4 years as Governor trying to let violent criminals roam free. As a US Senator, I've spent the last 6 years keeping Virginian families safe from criminals. And you have my word that if I am re-elected, I will push for legislation for criminal justice reform while still prioritizing safety.
October 20-25: Barnstorm and door-knock in York County
October 26: Hold a town hall at William and Mary University with college students and teachers
October 27-30: Barnstorm and door-knock in Rappahannock County
October 31: Spend the day with family at home in Earlysville, VA
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies