Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:59:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Local Office of IDS Emperor Scott - Salisbury, NC (Back in Business)  (Read 57127 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 10, 2013, 02:13:31 PM »

Endorsed for the NE Senate seat.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »

From my firsthand knowledge about how schools and universities work, if you send everyone to school for free, cut subsidies, and cut taxes, those universities and systems of education are actually going to be hurting. Many programs and lots of faculty are all but gone. That's because education isn't really "free." So what would happen is, tuition would skyrocket, in all likelihood. Or, the universities would have to invent a billion fees and so on to cover things. The foreign language loss would be something you'd see across the board, which is a shame and should never happen.

And private education was outlawed?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:32:36 AM »

From my firsthand knowledge about how schools and universities work, if you send everyone to school for free, cut subsidies, and cut taxes, those universities and systems of education are actually going to be hurting. Many programs and lots of faculty are all but gone. That's because education isn't really "free." So what would happen is, tuition would skyrocket, in all likelihood. Or, the universities would have to invent a billion fees and so on to cover things. The foreign language loss would be something you'd see across the board, which is a shame and should never happen.

And private education was outlawed?

Yes, private education  for all intents and purposes became public education with the level of regulations over it.

In regards to your first point, its complete speculation and also falls under the logical fallacy "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (might have spelled it wrong).  I had a GM report on the bill done before it passed, and nothing you say was indicated by the GM report. Anyone would alter or change a bill based on a negative GM report, its not a partisan issue. The subsidy for tuition was replaced by complete funding for tuition to public schools. If you want to doubt the GM, then this becomes more of a game reform discussion.

Regardless, DemPGH, I voted against the bilingual education act and passed the Higher Education Reform act, passed the budget that Windjammer is criticizing me on--then you picked me as your Vice Presidential running mate. Love you too buddy Smiley.

Hey, man, it's a policy difference - it's not a personal attack on you. I just don't see how you can do it, and nothing in my experience is congruent with it. The money would have to be syphoned from somewhere else. It's just unfortunate that universities are not businesses.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies