Streep tirade shows Hollywood Elite hypocrisy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:25:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Streep tirade shows Hollywood Elite hypocrisy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Streep tirade shows Hollywood Elite hypocrisy  (Read 1604 times)
kyc0705

« on: January 14, 2017, 01:37:26 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2017, 01:41:57 PM by kyc0705 »

I question how much the 20 million dollar a picture Hollywood elite really care about the plight of the handicapped, or about the strife faced daily by the working classes and the struggling masses.

Very few people in Hollywood get $20m for one film.

Indeed. It's surprising how much the mythical super-huge payday has declined in recent years. You need to be a huge box-office star on a major studio feature. I think one of the trade papers reported that Jennifer Lawrence got upwards of $20M for "Passengers", and that was a pretty rare event.
kyc0705

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:40:34 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2017, 04:37:54 PM by kyc0705 »

You can get $20m+ for a TV series, but you have to be a lead in a really big series.

It would also have to be cumulative. As in, there are people who make $20M on TV, but it's broken down into a few million per episode. These giant lump payments are extreme anomalies–when it comes to the biggest single-picture salary, I think Julia Roberts is going to hold the record for a very, very long time ($25M, and this was around twenty years ago I believe).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies