The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 12:10:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Trump 1.0 Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 182230 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »

Granted, it's only been about a month....but say his approval is the same or worse throughout the 2020 election.

Has there ever been an incumbent president with similar approval ratings who won reelection?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »

Amazing how fast his approvals are imploding. Though, I suppose this is a natural consequence when you take office already in the hole, ratings-wise.

I'd love to know what his approval ratings will be in October 2018.

I want to say around 30%, but we've all underestimated him before. Though of course governing is a much different dynamic than BSing your way through a campaign.

I would say he still has enough moronic support out there to keep the Democrats from gaining control of any part of Congress as well as reelecting him in 2020. That's why the those of us who are sane need to stay on top of things, never stop questioning his already many scandals, vote, and get others to vote too...maybe we can be a counter to his cult.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 09:39:49 AM »

AP poll:  Trump 40% approval, 58% disapproval. Key sub-poll:  Trump 50-48% on Economy.

It's still the Obama economy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People gave Hoover a chance for a few months in 1930. But Hoover at least had a moral compass -- just outmoded ideas on how to manage an economy. Like Trump, Hoover was the answer at the time to the question "how would government run if an honest-to-Mammon business run things?"  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He will have plenty of scapegoats, and until at least November 2018 he will blame people for not making big enough sacrifices on behalf of the economic elites from whom (allegedly) all blessings flow. Donald Trump is not a small-government right-winger; he is a big-government right-winger. He will put profits first, trying to make life more costly by adding more layers of profit which protectionist economics allow.  

The base is not enough. Dewey in 1948, Stevenson, Goldwater, McGovern, Carter in 1980, and Mondale got their parties' bases, if nothing else.  

This is an important distinction, and one that many Trump voters have always failed to see (or chosen to overlook).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »

I was watching the Trump-Abdullah press conference recently and it was Obama-style.

Did Trump take any meds recently ? He's talking more coherently these days ...

That means a meltdown is imminent.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:06:29 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2017, 07:26:32 PM by Clay »

It is too early. 36% is as low as I can imagine for a president who does not have an economy in free-fall, an international calamity, a sex scandal, or bungling of a national disaster -- none of which apply to the President.

This said, the firing of Director Comey does not look good.  

A sex scandal won't do anything to how his voters see him.

Sure, it was awful when it was Bill Clinton.  Now that it's their Führer, it's not a big deal.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 08:49:45 AM »

It is too early. 36% is as low as I can imagine for a president who does not have an economy in free-fall, an international calamity, a sex scandal, or bungling of a national disaster -- none of which apply to the President.

This said, the firing of Director Comey does not look good.  

A sex scandal won't do anything to how his voters see him.

Sure, it was awful when it was Bill Clinton.  Now that it's their Führer, it's not a big deal.

Two words... Piss tape.

I still don't think they'd care, honestly.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »

A more interesting bet will be on who becomes the next Vice-President of the United States.

This gigantic breach of national security is an impeachable offense. Are we more patriots or partisans?   

Unfortunately, partisans.

The Republican Congress will never impeach Trump.  They all talked so tough during the primary, but now they're all cowering to him.

Another reason I refuse to support another Republican for any office ever again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies