McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:25:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama  (Read 2199 times)
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« on: June 04, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »

I think that this is one of the best decisions that McCain has made so far in this campaign. McCain may not be a Ronald Reagan or John Kennedy or Bill Clinton win it comes to debate skills, but McCain can talk about the issues and he can slam Obama for not having the experience to be President. McCain can say that Obama does not understand the War in Iraq, he just thinks that he does, because Obama has never been to Iraq and McCain has been to Iraq four times. Also on the war, McCain has served in a war and he knows how the war game is played, Obama on the other hand has never served a day in uniform and has not been there to experience war. McCain showed his war experience when he reccomended to surge to the congress and the white house and the surge is working.

Again on foreign policy, Obama says that he wants to meet with many dictators around the world that are our enemies. One of which being the new Castro in Cuba and other dictators around the world.

I think that Obama can be stronger when they talk about domestic issues than he can on foregin policy. But, I believe as George H. W. Bush said of Bill Clinton in 1992. That the only way the Obama can win is to convince everyone just how horrible things are. The economy is not as much in the tank as what Obama, Clinton, and the press will say that it is. They will say that we are in a recession. We are not in a recession. I am not denying that these are hard times, but republicans have a history of working through hard times. Obama may say that the republicans gave no aid to the katrina victims. That is not true, we gave aid to the katrina victims but maybe not as much as some people would have wanted, but we did not totally ignore the katrina victims.

The republicans are stronger going into the fall. McCain has more experience than Obama. Obama thinks that when he is president that the clouds will part and a light will come down and everyone will be happy. This is not the way that it will be, this is never the way that it has been. McCain has experience in difficult times and he will be a better President than Obama.
GPORTER
gporter
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »

um...OF COURSE Obama is going to accept this, and annihilate McCain in the debates

You have to seriously wonder if McCain is up to the job of president if he doesn't even realize that he's nowhere near as good of a debater as Obama...

Maybe he is hoping that people will actually care more about the issues than how well someone packages himself.  Imagine that.
I could not agree more.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies