McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain calls for weekly town hall debates with Obama  (Read 2199 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: June 04, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »

Where is everyone getting the idea that Obama is a much better debater than McCain? I know John's no spring chicken, but listening to Obama mumble and stutter up at the podium in any setting other than a rehearsed stump speech is painful at times. He's a wonderful orator, but claiming he'll annihilate anyone in a debate is a bit much.

I'd love to see this happen, though, and if Obama is all about the change he talks about, he'd accept it. I heard today he wanted to make it a Lincoln-Douglas style, in which each made scripted stump speeches, which would be sad. I'd be disappointed if he didn't agree to the town hall meetings, but not surprised.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

um...OF COURSE Obama is going to accept this, and annihilate McCain in the debates

You have to seriously wonder if McCain is up to the job of president if he doesn't even realize that he's nowhere near as good of a debater as Obama...

Maybe he is hoping that people will actually care more about the issues than how well someone packages himself.  Imagine that.

Wow, I didn't even read all of HARRY'S outrageously stupid post. Obama is a mediocre debater at best. He never won a debate during the primary season .. he just didn't lose any.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:53:06 PM »

um...OF COURSE Obama is going to accept this, and annihilate McCain in the debates

You have to seriously wonder if McCain is up to the job of president if he doesn't even realize that he's nowhere near as good of a debater as Obama...

Maybe he is hoping that people will actually care more about the issues than how well someone packages himself.  Imagine that.

Wow, I didn't even read all of HARRY'S outrageously stupid post. Obama is a mediocre debater at best. He never won a debate during the primary season .. he just didn't lose any.

Everyone remember what happened during the primary season when Obama tried to talk about issues for about four minutes?  His poll numbers went down and he lost all most all of the next 10 primaries.

Obama is only a good candidate when he is spurting off idealistic platitudes.

Which debate? I remember the one when ABC was asking him the questions about his relations with a terrorist, Rezko the crook, and Reverend Wright and he looked like he had been shot. When it came to issues, Obama would mostly say he agrees with Senator Clinton but make a slight modification in his policy, like talking to rogue leaders without preconditions, which he now denies he ever said.

Perhaps he doesn't know much about the issues and confuses himself when he talks about them.

It would make sense that he'd want a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, as he can spirt off platitudes rather than interacting with the voter and discussing policy, rather than going on a tangent on how historic his campaign is and how only he can bring change to Washington. He says McCain refuses to acknowledge his accomplishments, yet he refuses to acknowledge that McCain actually HAS brought and FOUGHT for CHANGE in the  Senate for 24 years ticking off a lot of his party members in the process.

What has Obama done? Vote lockstep with his party which gave him the title of most liberal senator in the US Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies