What do you think of this graphic? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What do you think of this graphic? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you think of this graphic?  (Read 1738 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: July 07, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

I love how more than half wouldn't vote for a muslim because of the actions of a few extremist nutjobs. That's like refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Fred Phelps.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:07:25 PM »

I love how more than half wouldn't vote for a muslim because of the actions of a few extremist nutjobs. That's like refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Fred Phelps.

Fred Phelps isn't really an evangelical though.

The main issue I would have with voting for a Muslim isn't terrorists, rather its their overall attitude toward women and some rather horrible aspects of Islamic culture.

Okay, refusing to vote for an evangelical christian because of Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson. I'd also argue that the treatment of women in Islamic nations is due to the presence of hardliners in government, not the Koran. But then again, I guess the Islamic public in these nations are rather complacent with their authority.

However, I'd still argue that most Muslims who were born in the United States and have lived here for the vast majority of their lives are patriotic, loyal, and believe in American ideals such as equal rights, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion/religious tolerance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies