Trump backed Canadian style health reform and tax hike for millionaires in 2000
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:03:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Trump backed Canadian style health reform and tax hike for millionaires in 2000
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump backed Canadian style health reform and tax hike for millionaires in 2000  (Read 667 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2011, 04:29:13 AM »

Yes, apologies on yet another Trump thread, but the other candidates are just too boring to talk about.

David Weigel examines passages from "The America We Deserve", the book that was meant to launch Trump's aborted 2000 presidential campaign:

http://www.slate.com/id/2291263/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Also:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Something tells me this will go over about as well as Romneycare with GOP primary voters.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »

Well this sucks.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:53:56 AM »

This is who Donald Trump really is... and he's using you people
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:16:58 AM »

Donald Trump strikes me as someone without any firmly-held beliefs, who just goes with whatever his "gut" feeling is at any given point on any given issue.  That's why he latches on to faddish ideas and conspiracy theories so easily.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »

This is the real Trump.  He's a Republican because the incumbent is a Democrat and he's a birther because he rose in the polls simply by saying "probably" and even more so by saying "definitely."
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 07:20:47 PM »

Actually, a universal health care plan and a fair tax on the very wealthy are two of the more desirable policies that could be enacted in America.

Politically, Trump is a nut case, but these two proposals are inspired.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »

Actually, a universal health care plan and a fair tax on the very wealthy are two of the more desirable policies that could be enacted in America.

Politically, Trump is a nut case, but these two proposals are inspired.

I pray for you, Marxist.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »

Trump in 2000 was trying to be the next Perot. I'm pretty sure the views and beliefs he espoused then are much closer to how he really thinks. Of course, he wasn't actually trying to run for President back then so he didn't need to pander, IIRC in 2000 he had a book coming out and wanted to promote it.

I do think he's more serious about running this time, but I don't know if his birther talk is an effort at pandering to the wingnuts because he actually wants the nomination, or if it's just some sort of elaborate troll.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2011, 09:40:12 PM by Sam Spade (homosexual) »

Trump in 2000 was trying to be the next Perot. I'm pretty sure the views and beliefs he espoused then are much closer to how he really thinks. Of course, he wasn't actually trying to run for President back then so he didn't need to pander, IIRC in 2000 he had a book coming out and wanted to promote it.

I do think he's more serious about running this time, but I don't know if his birther talk is an effort at pandering to the wingnuts because he actually wants the nomination, or if it's just some sort of elaborate troll.

Well, if it makes his supporters feel better, Trump 2000 was still more conservative than McCain 2000 and Romney 2000.

The best part about his little tax proposal here (which is an interesting idea) is that this was pre-Bush tax cuts and during a surplus.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »

No surprise. Everyone and their mother knows Trump is an opportunist that goes with the tide rather than actually give a hell about running this country.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies