President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:36:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 888988 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: April 15, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »
« edited: April 15, 2005, 11:44:10 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

Ford v. Carter 1976

Gerald Ford/ Bod Dole: 313 EV   52% PV

Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale: 225 EV  47% PV

Interesting race.  I was Ford.  Started out barely ahead, then I slumped quite a bit near the mid point (at one point I was down 5% in the polls and had only about 220 EV's) then started to gain momentum again by consentrating on the states where Carter was way ahead but there were a number of undecideds (Alabama, Maryland, California and New York were the big ones).  Came back to win by a sizable margin, but it really could have went either way in the final week.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 09:05:01 PM »

Pennsylvania (60.5%) (it's funny, I always do extremely well in Pennsylvania, regardless of time and candidate Huh)

Sounds like me with Ohio.  I usually poll about 57-63 there, regardless of who I am running as.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 09:17:57 PM »

Tom Delay/Mitt Romney vs Hillary Clinton/Barak Obama - 2008

Well, the map started out looking something like this:

Clinton: 49%

Delay: 39%

On election day

Clinton: PV 46% EV 225

Delay: PV 52% EV 313

I must say, I'm pretty proud of this one.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 06:24:15 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2005, 06:37:09 PM by Supersoulty »

Tom Delay/Mitt Romney vs Hillary Clinton/Barak Obama - 2008

Well, the map started out looking something like this:

Clinton: 49%

Delay: 39%

On election day

Clinton: PV 46% EV 225

Delay: PV 52% EV 313

I must say, I'm pretty proud of this one.

Shocked Wow that is quite impressive.

I ran one negative ad against Hillary attacking her on abortion and got her with one power 3 scandal.  She hit me with two power nine scandals.  I ran a possitive campaign for the rest of the time and won all of the debates and endorsments.

P.S.  This election was the triumph of a very specifically targeted state-by-state strategy.  I measured which issues would win it for me on a state-to-state basis and ran a highly specialized campaign that moved in waves, from one grouping of states to the next.  Very strategy driven.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 09:50:46 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2005, 09:57:39 PM by Supersoulty »

I won as thew Green Party in 2000!

Ted Turner/Susan Sarandon (G): 402 Electoral Votes; 39% (49,257,492) of the Popular Vote

George W. Bush/Dick Cheney (R): 136 Electoral Votes; 31% (39,355,198) of the Popular Vote

Al Gore/Joe Lieberman (D): 0 Electoral Votes; 22% (28,504,869) of the Popular Vote

Donald Trump/Angus King (Ref.): 0 Electoral Votes; 6% (8,2445,842) of the Popular Vote

Prepare for your first Green Party Presidency! Cheesy

Yeah, Ted Turner as President!

We fianlly have a yearly Federal Budget for Civil War reenactment.  Smiley

And, all Secret Service agents and soldiers gaurding the President would have to dress in Confederate Grey.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 01:04:26 PM »

I think this one deserves a map.

Bush/Cheney:  EV's 239  PV 49%

Lieberman/Gephardt (me):  EV's 299  PV 50%

There weren't many close states by elections day.

Closest states:

North Carolina:  50.4% - 49.5% Lieberman wins by 29,024 votes

Virginia:  50.9% - 49%

Oklahoma:  51.7% - 48.2%

Missouri:  52.1% - 47.8%

West Virginia: 52.9% - 47%

No other states were within 10%!!!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »

Here is a great one:

(The "30%" states are acctually ones where the vote was within 5%, I just marked them so you coudl see where the battlesgrounds were.

Giuliani/McCain: 402 EV 52.5%

Clinton/Edwards: 136 EV 47.5%

This was a wild one.  I started off in the primaries.  The Republican primary started off as a hotly contested challenge between Giuliani aka me (who controled most of the Northeast and Midwest), McCain (who dominated the Southwest, Moutain and Plains states along with Missouri and Florida), and Gingrich (who controled most of the Southeast).  Finally, Romney started out as a non-player, up slightly in Mass and Utah.  Tennessee and the Pacific states were up for grabs.

Well, first things first, I set my themes to Leadership, Iran, Homeland Security (all big winners for me in the primaries) and headed right for Tennessee, figuring that I control Iowa and New Hampshire and didn't stand much of a chance on Mini-Tuesday, other than for possible wins in Missouri and South Carolina, which I targeted heavily.  I spent the first few months going between Iowa, California, New Hampshire, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas and Ohio (when I started to slip there).  To make a long story short, I took Iowa by a huge margin (56%), lost New Hampshire by 1% to McCain, took South Carolina, but lost Missouri (to Gingrich), then came around to win both Tennessee and Virginia, and take Minnesota, California, Washington and Michigan.  Even though I was clearly kicking ass, Super-Tuesday was still in doubt.  I swept it, however by small margins in most states, losing only Georgia (to Gingrich), Maryland (to Romeny), Conn (also to Romney).  Without his mini-Tuesday wins, McCain wouldn't have much to show, but he was still on the map in several states.  With the Gulf State primaries coming up, I knew what I had to do.  I threw 10 PIP at Newt in exchage for hsi leaving the race and endorsing me.  He did, and from then on I pretty much ran the map.  I conviced Romney to bow out (though without endorsing me) before Colorado, and from then on, it was a stampede toward Rudy.  Seeking to unify the party and consoladate my forces early I offered McCain the VP slot and he jumped at it.

On the Dem side, I set the match up between Hillary, Edwards, Kerry and Clark.  I'm not sure of all the specifics of this race, but Hillary started off in charge in most states and stayed that way until the end.  Kerry was the last one to bow out, and he did so just before the DNC.  None of the other candidates endorsed Hillary, but she picked Edwards as VP during the convention.

At the start of the general, she was kicking my ass.  I was ahead in PA, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, and what I called the "Giuliani Belt" which is the sorta "P" shaped area going from Arizona, though the Morman states, then east to Minnesota, before coming back down to Missouri, Kansas and Colorado.  I was acctually down by quite a few points in Wyoming, Nebraska and South Dakota.  I was also up in Indiana, Michigan, Conn, Mass and New Hampshire.

I shifted away from the Homeland Security theme (good in primaries, but not in the General) and toward Health Care.  I then attacked Hillary on her Health Care possition.  It was the onyl attack I put out, but I stuck with it.

Hmmm...  I gotta head, I'll finish this one later
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 01:37:05 AM »

To Continue...

First I would liek to say that this is the first time I even defeated McCain in an open field... in fact, it is the first time I have ever defeated him in the game.  I'm not sure how much, if at all, the elimination of Frist and Allen (which is entirely accurate now) effected the result, but it seems that I was either lucky, I'm picking up some skill, found the right issues, or simply got lucky.

Anyway, I didn't spend much time attacking Hillary.  I did the standard scandal research, but that was it.  She didn't attack me at first that much either.  Her lead in the polls just after the conventions was huge (about 6% of the PV) and while I had small leads in some non-traditionally Republican states (PA, MI, MN, WI, MA) I was getting killed in several 2004 swing states (down 10% in Ohio, 13% in Nevada, 8% in New Mexico) not to mention I was behind in all the peripheral south (except NC) by large margins and was trailing in Louisiana, Mississippi, South Dakota, Nebraska (by a whoping 13%), Wyoming and Oklahoma and was only 1 point up in Georgia and NC.  The only real bright spot was that I was up by a seemly impossible 23% in Missouri (and it held through the election, which it is not unrare in the primaries version to see large leads vanish... well, just look at the election as a whole, heh).

Well, so I figured first thing first.  I went to all the traditionally Republican states (excpet Arkansas, Virginia and WV, which I conceded to Clinton) to see if I could get my name out there and drum up support.  Many of these state, I simply hadn't had time to visit during the primaries.  This generated some mixed results.  I was able to get Mississippi (and how) and LA back on my side, but Tennessee continued to be a battle.

At this point, I was losing major ground in some of the states I already had... I was sliding in Georgia, Florida, Texas and Mass.  I was half tempted to just give up on this one, but I decided to see it through.  Things started to change once I got my first Hillary Health Care commercial out.  I blasted the airwaves of over 20 states with 3 ads, the other two possitive for me.

Wyoming soon fell back into my column, as did Georgia and Florida, and I stopped the bleeding in Texas.  Within about two weeks, I had managed to grab up New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and almost had Ohio is my column.  Then... Hillary hit me with two scandals at once.  I lost Tennessee and all the other states I was able to pick up or get back once again fell into the toss-up or lean columns.

My next break didn't come until about two weeks later when I cruched Hillary in the first debate.  At first, the reaction was acctually kinda negative (almost as though I made her look so bad that people thought I was being mean), but soon a possitive effect started to kick in and all the close states started to lean back towards me.  I picked up Ohio.

I was till about 3% behind in the PV polls and needed about another 20 EVs to win, even if all the close states went for me.  I looked around, wieghed my options and went for California.  Granted, I was 13 points down there, but there were a lot of undecides.  The second debate came, and I once again crush Clinton... who then promptly released a Level 6 scandal against me.  While I was well in the possitive momentum range in many of my key states, the scandal was killing me in Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio (I must has said I don't like cheese... ha).  So I had to abort in California and head there.  Luckily, thanks to my foot soldiers, my momentum in Cali was self sustaining, and I soon got the Midwest back under control, although I temporarily lost Indiana.  Having sepnt all that time in that part of the map, I started eyeing up Illinios and figures "why not".  It was basically the same situation as Cali... so I headed in.

I defeated Clinton once again in the third debate, but not by quite as much as the first two.

By this time, Hillary was going full out negative on me... and it backfired.  Several "is the Clinton camp to Negative" and "Clinton Attack Ad Backfires" stories started to appear and I took full advantage of all of them.  In the last week, I had spare cash, and a decent lead, so I figured "why not go all out"... I started running ads in all the states I had written off as "out of reach".

Apparently, she was doing something that worked in North Carolina and Wisconsin, because I was very suprised at the closeness of the final results there, but for the most part, a tidal wave started in favor of me.

On election night, I was delighted when, at 9:22 PM, Illinois went from "Too Close to Call" to my column, putting me over the top.  I was even more delighted when Arkansas, while I had been down 11 points in just one week before, also went my way by 2%.

It wasn't quite the wash that the map might make it seem, several states, including Cali weren't called until hours after the polls closed there.

I would like to point out though that, yep, that is >70% in Missouri... 72% to be exact... it was my biggest win of the night.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 03:48:31 PM »

Can someone play me on one of these cool new ones?

The problem with the primaries version is that you need to program a starting amount for each candidate, or elese they will start out at "0"... so it is a lot harder to do than it was in the old one.  Plus, you have to program the issues in for each candidate and they each have 7 possitions now instead of 5, which makes it more realistic, but also makes it harder to creat other people as candidates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies