VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:57:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 164158 times)
uti2

« on: October 17, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »

If Northam loses this, it'll be because Gillespie excited racists while Northam excited nobody.

I made a thread about this topic:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=275102.0

Gillespie is not running a campaign based on the principles of the GOP autospy, he's basically doing what Cruz would've done.
uti2

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 06:05:40 PM »

I would buy some shares but I’m only 15 and I’m broke since I spent all my money on battlefront 2.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Did you know that Chris Gregoire actually won the 2004 election by 6% but Rossi actually hired Idahoans to vote illegally in Spokane. This is as true as any story Mr Greedo spins.

10/10

Lel

Did you guys know that Dino Rossi won the 8th under a more democrat map everytime he ran?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_gubernatorial_election,_2004
Oh look he won the first count and the second count oh wait the crybaby democrats won’t stop oh what do you know they found random ballots in king county which magically showed up.

Seriously you guys are all political hacks and I’m not someone who thinks every election is rigged. But I do think that Washington gubernatorial 2004 and Minnesota senate 2008 and *maybe* North Carolina gubernatorial race in 2016.
But those first two are 100% rigged just like how Illinois was rigged in 1960.

I'll see you, and raise you Florida 2000.
Listen Florida in 2000 was iffy but I don’t think it was rigged.I have read about people in the media doing there own recounts and bush still winning so I don’t think that was rigged,just like how I don’t think the 2013 Virginia attorney generals race was rigged even so it was close.

A full recount of the entire state including all overvotes and undervotes  (which was going to be authorized by the state court) had Gore winning.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/06/yes-bush-v-gore-did-steal-the-election.html

Also, if you're assuming that the Dems 'stole' those other elections, then they also would've been able to steal FL had the Supreme Court not violated State's Rights in Bush v. Gore.
uti2

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:40:35 AM »

They get away with it because most Americans still see Republicans as the patriotic party and the party of fiscal responsibility, however nonsensical that is. Democrats have done a piss-poor job in combatting the perception on both those fronts.

They need to just start all wearing American flag-emblazoned suits in Congress and start saying that they're the ones fighting for the little guy and that the Republicans cut taxes to hell in the Bush years and ran the economy into the ground (no matter if that's completely true or not) and make the comparison with Trump=Bush and never take the foot off the gas

It's ironic,but they were originally making that argument, they only changed once the GE started, and they haven't changed their positioning on the issue since:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/how-a-decision-in-may-changed-the-general-election

The GOP courtship strategy of praising Bush continues (at least they've stopped praising Ryan, so there's a marginal improvement for downballot prospects, but it doesn't go far enough).

The Democrats who constantly try to rehabilitate and negotiate with Republicans are the ones who have created this situation, not the media. The media will play the same game even if the Democrats do it, Obama ran as a radical on Foreign Policy, they defended him consistently, there are no penalties for radical politics. If the Dems were a party that refused to compromise like the GOP, the media would also be defending the democrats, which is the point, there was zero need for Obama to court Republicans back in 2009-2010, his mere election ensured the death of the blue dogs, he was elected as a radical who eroded much of a the traditional democratic base and replacing it with a different type of heavily urban voter (which is why blue dogs strongly backed hillary in '08).
uti2

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »

I mean the new polls indicate the race has shifted towards Gillespie about two points in the last two weeks.

If you thought Northam was ahead by more than 2 previously then you should still think he is ahead.

I thought he was ahead by 2 - 4 roughly so now I think this is a tilt D race where Northam will likely edge it out by 1% or so on the back of strong liberal turnout.

I do think this will be the first race where Trump blatantly loses something for the GOP. I actually think Gillespie would win by 2 - 4 if Clinton were president.

Gillespie would never have run his current style of campaign without Trump. His earlier campaigns are radically different from this one.
uti2

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »

I mean the new polls indicate the race has shifted towards Gillespie about two points in the last two weeks.

If you thought Northam was ahead by more than 2 previously then you should still think he is ahead.

I thought he was ahead by 2 - 4 roughly so now I think this is a tilt D race where Northam will likely edge it out by 1% or so on the back of strong liberal turnout.

I do think this will be the first race where Trump blatantly loses something for the GOP. I actually think Gillespie would win by 2 - 4 if Clinton were president.

Honestly Gillespie could probably win by more than that had Clinton won

Gillespie would be running a different strategy. How did he do under an Obama presidency?

If you want to make the argument about presidential approval ratings, clearly it doesn't matter when you look at Trump's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies