The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:44:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Movie (and TV show) Watching Thread  (Read 31059 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: June 19, 2020, 05:49:26 PM »

I can't remember the last movie I watched; I don't think I've seen a single one since COVID. I love movies and miss them, but it's just not possible until my kids get older.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »

Finally watched EEAAO. It was decent, not amazing. The editing and production were incredible, and they accomplished a ton for the budget they had. The humor was Reddit-tier "lolz so random" with a dash of gratuity and was very hit or miss. The hot dog finger universe looked like an SNL skit. The rock scene was cute but very didactic/on-the-nose. They spent a lot of time explaining the mechanics of verse jumping but somehow didn't properly set up the stakes in some key scenes (for example, the cringey "everything bagel" is supposed to like a black hole, but somehow you can enter and then leave again?). Further, I didn't understand how verse jumping was solely about inhabiting other versions of yourself and acquiring their skills/memories, but some characters could somehow manifest objects across universes such as the earpieces and various weapons of Jobu's. I liked Waymond by far the most of any of the characters, and his final line in the kung fu universe was the best moment of the film.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies