IL-Gov: Bill Daley considering run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov: Bill Daley considering run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Gov: Bill Daley considering run  (Read 3310 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: December 23, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »

I haven't heard any evidence Quinn is corrupt, people just don't like him because he's probably the politician in America whose economic policies are closest to opebo's.

Come again?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

The GOP as far as I'm concerned is as good as dead in IL.  They will lose the Statehouse yet again.  Kirk is one of the last decent "brand names" they have there.
And what evidence do you have to back that up?  Quinn is one of the most unpopular governors in the country.  If Rutherford could win statewide in 2010 even as Quinn was just barely holding on, then I don't see why he couldn't win in 2014, especially since President Obama got reelected.  As Vosem has said, Illinois may be Safe D in presidential elections, but Republicans can still be competitive at the state leve.  I don't think Schock will run either.  He's still young, so he has plenty of time to run for governor in 2018 or later if he wants to be governor.  The only polling on this race I've seen has been from PPP, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.  Personally, I want to see what nonpartisan polling looks like as the election gets closer.  But this is one 2014 race where I am salivating at the chance of a GOP pickup, so any candidate who the polls suggest is electable is good with me (let's hope that it's Rutherford!).

This coming from the guy who believes Al Franken will lose in 2014.
I don't believe Franken necessarily be (re-)defeated in 2014, but if any strong Republicans step up to the challenge I would love to see him lose as revenge for stealing the 2008 election.  He's a dangerous extremist and also a lying liar who tells lies.  Unfortunately, I don't see who would run again.

Re-defeat Franken 2014!!!

And you claim to value facts?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »

The GOP as far as I'm concerned is as good as dead in IL.  They will lose the Statehouse yet again.  Kirk is one of the last decent "brand names" they have there.
And what evidence do you have to back that up?  Quinn is one of the most unpopular governors in the country.  If Rutherford could win statewide in 2010 even as Quinn was just barely holding on, then I don't see why he couldn't win in 2014, especially since President Obama got reelected.  As Vosem has said, Illinois may be Safe D in presidential elections, but Republicans can still be competitive at the state leve.  I don't think Schock will run either.  He's still young, so he has plenty of time to run for governor in 2018 or later if he wants to be governor.  The only polling on this race I've seen has been from PPP, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.  Personally, I want to see what nonpartisan polling looks like as the election gets closer.  But this is one 2014 race where I am salivating at the chance of a GOP pickup, so any candidate who the polls suggest is electable is good with me (let's hope that it's Rutherford!).

This coming from the guy who believes Al Franken will lose in 2014.
I don't believe Franken necessarily be (re-)defeated in 2014, but if any strong Republicans step up to the challenge I would love to see him lose as revenge for stealing the 2008 election.  He's a dangerous extremist and also a lying liar who tells lies.  Unfortunately, I don't see who would run again.

Re-defeat Franken 2014!!!
And you claim to value facts?
Those are the facts, my friend.  There have been several trials involving convicted felons who voted in that election.  Considering that felons overwhelmingly vote Democrat and that Franken "won" by only 312 votes (especially after losing the first count by over 700), it seems pretty likely that he stole that election.  But can we please get back to Illinoos?

By all means, if living in a fantasy world helps you sleep at night, go for it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »

The unanimous MM Supreme Court ruling (including Yankee Republicans!!) is that Franken was the correct winner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies