Would this scenario render someone effectively unable to vote legally? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:39:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Would this scenario render someone effectively unable to vote legally? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would this scenario render someone effectively unable to vote legally?  (Read 878 times)
satsuma
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -2.61

« on: September 25, 2023, 04:58:17 PM »
« edited: September 25, 2023, 05:43:36 PM by satsuma »

I haven't lived in Mississippi for 2+ years and I still vote there.  This isn't an issue.  Cheesy

I don't think it's voter fraud unless you're double-dipping. Simply for car registration and license reasons, though, I'd recommend making your relocation official. I procrastinated on that for a year after my interstate move and didn't encounter problems, but it easily could have been a worse inconvenience.

As to the OP, my state relocation was shortly before the 2016 presidential primaries, and upon researching that question, it definitely seemed harmless and legal to vote (in person) in my old state, when my residence in the new state wasn't yet official.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies